HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Needle and Seat - HELP ME!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Needle and Seat - HELP ME!? Reply with quote

OK, still trying to determine why the fucking carby is not spraying fuel when pumped.

1. Replaced accelerator pump plunger (dried out)
2. Fixed the pump plunger weight (was sticking)
3. Made sure idle stop solenoid is working
4. The float level is fine

What exactly are the symptoms of a sticking needle and seat, i got a new one in the carby rebuild kit should i try that. What does the needle and seat do?

What else could it be, how will i know if one of the jets are fucked?

Which jet should the fuel come out of in the primary system?
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Needle and Seat - HELP ME!? Reply with quote

if you can, if u think its a blocked needle, blow compressed air up though the line the line comes out of the top fuel pump and should clear the needle out if problems are still there thats not ur problem, i know nuttin bout carbys but i watched the racq guy do it to dads car when it stoped, the needle n float actually need replacing cos it keeps flooding itself,
DOHC_TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Needle and Seat - HELP ME!? Reply with quote

If you float level is fine then it wont be ur needle and seat. If ur needle and seat has shit in it then it will get stuck open and it will flood. If it gets stuck closed then ull get no fuel in tha bowl. might be shit in ur jets?

cheers
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Needle and Seat - HELP ME!? Reply with quote

if you have fuel in the bowl, and you think your plunger assembly is in good condition, then the only reason you will not be squirting fuel is that you have a blockage somewhere.

Its also likely that your plunger setup is not functioning correctly.

take off the acc pump discharge jet, blow the lot out with compressed air and carby cleaner. that should fix it.

All the other things you are looking at like needle and seat, jets, etc have nothing to do with your acc pump discharge.

Pull the carb apart and clean it. Pull it off manifold first.

Ben
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Needle and Seat - HELP ME!? Reply with quote

Well, the plunger assembly seems to create pressure, and i can hear what seems like air and a bit of fuel being pushed out of somewhere, but not as or where it should.

The discharge jet is the one next to the plunger assembly? With the check weight and ball in it?

Should i just blow carby cleaner through all the jets i can see?
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Needle and Seat - HELP ME!? Reply with quote

I assume you have a nikki carb, which I know nothing about sorry.

Yes, if you have a drama that you think is related to a blockage of crud, then use carby cleaner on every passage you can find.

Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: