HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

DIFF OUT OF LINE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: DIFF OUT OF LINE Reply with quote

ey guys my diff seems to be more to the righ than the left.
I got a setof 17" FR simmons on the car now with rubber of 20,40, and there 6 inch wide.
The car is lowered, but not to much.
Iv got king springs and monro gas shockers.
I got the guards lipped and its still rubs any1 got any ideas of how i can move the diff a little to the left?
iv seen 18" rims on a gem how the fuck is that possible.
its pissing me off.
im from melb so if any1 knows of a place where i can get it checked out.or Any1 got any ideas of fixing this problem?
joeysgem@hotmail.com
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: DIFF OUT OF LINE Reply with quote

Adjustable panhard rod.
HOTHOUSE GREEN GEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: DIFF OUT OF LINE Reply with quote

its your panhard rod mate if it the left side from the back of the car you rod needs to be shorter a panhard rod adjust cost about $125 from what i can remember
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: DIFF OUT OF LINE Reply with quote

but wont that chew my tyres on the inside?
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: DIFF OUT OF LINE Reply with quote

Adjustable Panhard rod has nothing to do with your tyres, nor placing any extra stress on them... what it does is holds diff in place, and you get an adjustable one to pull it into the centre after you lower your car (which pushes it out sideways)... have a look under the back of your car and you'll see a rod that goes from the diff, to the body of the car...
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: DIFF OUT OF LINE Reply with quote

adjustable panhard rod is what u need, retail for $195 from pedders. easy to fit.
Sik_Gemi
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: DIFF OUT OF LINE Reply with quote

Go to www.whiteline.com.au and then to reviews and articles and then 4 cylender and small cars and then the second one down called real handellng for you gemini. it tels you heaps about this sort of stuff.

Later
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: 6inch Rims Rubbin?? Reply with quote

if it has those width rims, it should not really scrubb regardin how low it is??

there should be at least 2 inches of space when centred,

so yer..........?
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 6inch Rims Rubbin?? Reply with quote

depends on the offset of the rims now doesn't it... get some rims with a big offset, and they'll scrub
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 6inch Rims Rubbin?? Reply with quote

did i see a post from sick gem *shock* it should just need an adjustabel panard rod, they should scrub, mabey on the front when its full lock because u have it so low, king springs are the lowest, depending on what u buy, if u buy normal, low or superlow,
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 6inch Rims Rubbin?? Reply with quote

if it did then the front rims would not fit on,

as they are not McPherson struts,
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 6inch Rims Rubbin?? Reply with quote

I have poo tc's old wheels, 17x7.5 with 225 45 rubber, the springs are bigtime cutters, with 13's it sits lower than 10 cms off the ground, ***also i have the stock panhad rod on my diff, lipped the guards with a pair of pliers and a hammer and havent had a scrape since.

one big concern is on ful lock the inside of the tire an hit the bracket where the flexhose from the brakes goes, rips big sharp holes in ya tires! all fixed now tho, i just turned the clips around
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 6inch Rims Rubbin?? Reply with quote

hahha that sounds like the work of carlos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: