HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TwinCam gaskets $$$$$

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zedster
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: TwinCam gaskets $$$$$ Reply with quote

Ok then, has anyone tried to fit a sigle cam head gasket on a twin cam motor? Looks like it would work, except for the out four water galleries. May run hot. Has anyone tryed it?
fatgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: TwinCam gaskets $$$$$ Reply with quote

dont even think about it as the whole thing is reversed it will never work, have a good look at it then you will see what i mean
Zedster
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: TwinCam gaskets $$$$$ Reply with quote

I realise the outer water galleries are different and too close to the side of the sohc headgasket to possibly punch out. Why not leave it blocked and simply punch out the inner holes etc? Everything else lines up. May be a quick way to warp everything or blow a head gasket, but who likes paying kiwis money, ie $300+? Bloody holden. Theyre to blame!
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: TwinCam gaskets No $$$$$ Reply with quote

Dont mean to brag but got inlet manifold exhaust manifold and plenum to inlet gaskets all for free! And will probably get the other gaskets for free as well if I decide to pull the engine apart. Which proves the saying its not what you know its who you know. Now for the good news, if you are in or near Sydney and supply an old gasket I MIGHT be able to get gaskets made up for cheap. Id like to emphasise might be able to.
coupetx
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: TwinCam gaskets $$$$$ Reply with quote

if u don't like the price sell d motor, i might be interested in parts.
Zedster
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: TwinCam gaskets No $$$$$ Reply with quote

Get bsck to you on that one.
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: TwinCam gaskets No $$$$$ Reply with quote

My e-mail is Stock_TE@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: