HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

rodeo 2.6 auto pushed 56rwkw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
van8u
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: rodeo 2.6 auto pushed 56rwkw Reply with quote

today i did an injector service on a 2.6 inject motor with an auto behind it ... all the parameters where within board & i was way short of the 88kw stated by holden ... this thing was in respectable condition too with 83 000 k's on the clock & owned by an older gent ... makes me think twice about the power these engines make...
S N 3 A K Y
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: rodeo 2.6 auto pushed 56rwkw Reply with quote

Approx 73fwkw, thats approx a 15kw drop @ flywheel from the factory claim - technically within the boundries to expect from an auto version with the age of the engine. 83,000k's isn't much at all, but alot can happen in that period of distance. You most likely already know this.
The engine was released approx. '86-'88, when they dyno'ed them there would have been a few variables to lift the peak power output. Such as: being brand new just built from the factory, manual transmission (if dynoed on a chassis dyno), better fuel quality/octane, best possible comp tuning for peak power figures, perfect compression/valve sealing etc. etc.
You're very right though with thinking twice about factory power claims. Holden would have built and tested maybe a dozen engines, after testing & tuning then giving them a power run on the dyno, they would have chosen the best performer for their basis on their claims. One or two of them could have made the same power you're making for all anyone knows. VERY VERY SNEAKY HOLDEN !!

S N 3 A K Y
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: rodeo 2.6 auto pushed 56rwkw Reply with quote

How much torque did it get though? Because that is more the killer with these engines than the kw

Also, I don't know, but is the 88kw stated by holden at the flywheel? Because that equates to around 60rwkw if it is.
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: rodeo 2.6 auto pushed 56rwkw Reply with quote

as someone else said, alot can happen during 80 000km. gearbox could be slipping or anything. ive seen a test done on a v6 commodore, they picked up 11kw just from a service

my mate done a 2.6L turbo conversion into his gem, the car produced just over 300hp with simple bolt ons and the motor had 200,000 km on it. he done the conversion mainly as a test, he was happy with the result and has rebuilt the motor and slapped some serious internals in since.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: rodeo 2.6 auto pushed 56rwkw Reply with quote

dont u mean

VERY VERY SN3AKY HOLDEN !!

?

lol
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: rodeo 2.6 auto pushed 56rwkw Reply with quote

i put my 2.6 isuzu MU on the dyno i only got 49kw and 183NM torque
mystikal21
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: rodeo 2.6 auto pushed 56rwkw Reply with quote

now SN3AKY dont be a sneaky cunt who knows you could be the prick from holden
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: