HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

MAZFIX SR20 Gemini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: MAZFIX SR20 Gemini Reply with quote

Mazfix have recently finished instaling an SR20DET into a late model Gem Gem,

the conversion itself cost a hefty $3000 for parts and labour, (i was quoted) then choked, even more the client did not use a hydraulic clutch, made a setup still utilising the same cable pull to hydrualic pull, was short of his budget, oh well

whereas V&E Rigoli will happily Send you a Kit for roughly $2000 (FJ20 Kits are $1500)

both these kits included custom engine and gearbox mounts and oil sump/pickup, as the SR's have two oil sumps, no Hydraulic clutch pedal box,

to my knowledge, the Standard SR20 Sump will clear the Standard crossmember and the Sway Bar,

so yer....???

have a critisise...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZFIX SR20 Gemini Reply with quote

doubt it would clear the cross memeber

ohh and to all those cock wangs.
$3000 to convert and $2800 for the engien thats $5800 (due to inflation in cost of sr's over the last 12 months) the whole argument "i can pay [insertworkshop] drive in drive out $5000 for a sr conversin" was ture so suck my nuts
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZFIX SR20 Gemini Reply with quote

doubt it would clear the cross memeber - That was a boostloosing comment, haha

Um i can get it put in for way Cheaper, all thanks to the OSR 020 workshop/Shed

thats a waste of $5000 really, oh well
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: MAZFIX SR20 Gemini Reply with quote

glad to see you can be grown up about this gene. lol
OTD 079
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: MAZFIX SR20 Gemini Reply with quote

I have seen two sr20 gemini's lately and both have used the standard sump, no mods to the engine. I am about to embark on this install over xmas in my wagon.

Matthew
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: MAZFIX SR20 Gemini Reply with quote

guy i know has one in his gemini and he said and showed me that they had now way in hell of clearing the cross member.. that was a s14 tho, is there any difference in the sr sumps threw the s13-14 and 15?????
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: MAZFIX SR20 Gemini Reply with quote

i try Razz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: MAZFIX SR20 Gemini Reply with quote

Coz sr's came out in several different models i reckon there would have to be different sump configs to fit them all. It would be the same as toyota stuff. Their engines come out with heaps of sump variations as their cars share so many different engines. Like I know the bluebird sr20 has the opposite sump to the gti'r.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: MAZFIX SR20 Gemini Reply with quote

Coz sr's came out in several different models i reckon there would have to be different sump configs to fit them all. It would be the same as toyota stuff. Their engines come out with heaps of sump variations as their cars share so many different engines. Like I know the bluebird sr20 has the opposite sump to the gti'r.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZFIX SR20 Gemini Reply with quote

ah ok
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZFIX SR20 Gemini Reply with quote

that's weird, had to cut a section out of mine and get a flat bit of alloy welded in, how high do the engines sit that you have seen
OTD 079
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZFIX SR20 Gemini Reply with quote

They do sit rather high. The original "hump" in the sump is positioned close (say 15mm) above the gemini cross member. Did you make that hump even higher to get the motor positioned lower in the engine bay?

Do you have any photos of your install? I am trying to talk to as many ppl as possible to try and sort most of these issues out before I start. Would you mind if I asked you a few specific questions about the install?

Cheers,
Matthew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: