HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

why can i smell fuel in my oil part 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:43 am    Post subject: why can i smell fuel in my oil part 2 Reply with quote

ok done compresion test all ok & valve clearences no mehanical fuel pump what coud b doing this the oil seem 2 b a bit thin
any help whould b good me and 2 outher mechanics are out of ideas so its got me fucked
HOTHOUSE GREEN GEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: why can i smell fuel in my oil part 2 Reply with quote

there is a fule vapor pipe that runs from the drivers side of the sump if you follow it up there is a valve with other hoses offf it cheack that
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: why can i smell fuel in my oil part 2 Reply with quote

is it sometimes hard to start?
does it sometimes sound like a flat battery when its cranking over?
sometimes the fuel tank pressurises when its left in the sun , or a place it can heat up..the needle and seat cant take this pressure.. so fuel forces itself past and floods the carb.. draing out into the intake manifold, and into a cylinder with an open valve.. now as most of us will already know, fuel is thinner than water, so it has no problem seeping past the rings and straight into the sump.
this could be your problem.
blow out all the fuel vapor lines with compressed air, check for leaks with a cigarette lighter <<< just kidding
and see if that makes a difference.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: why can i smell fuel in my oil part 2 Reply with quote

Check to see that the black valve with three rubber hoses(mounted to the inside guard under the fuel filter mounting bracket)is the right way round. It flows from one end to the other and if it's been connected the wrong way round it may be draining fuel directly into the sump.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: