HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

CHROME STRIPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macca_loto
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: CHROME STRIPS Reply with quote

Im building my gem and am currently finding straight rust free doors to use. i have the doors for the right hand side of the car all stripped back and eveything and these doors have the little pins the that clips go onto to hold the chrome strip on with. Anyway my dilemma is the rear dor on the left side doesnt have these pins as the car has no chrome strips and my question is where can i buy these pins and how do i attach em? Sorry for the long post.

CHRIS...
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: CHROME STRIPS Reply with quote

Im not sure it can be done. They are so small I dont know how you could successfully attach them for the long term. I would just look for a door with them on it.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: CHROME STRIPS Reply with quote

i had a door with out em and used long pop rivets to hold the clips.
dril a few holes, use a mettal u shap spacer to space teh rivet out pup it on pull the mettal spacer out and clip on the clips
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: CHROME STRIPS Reply with quote

as others said use small pot rivets. They are a little dodgy but thats what was on a couple of panels on my wagon and you cant even tell with the strips on.

if this is of any use i had all my strips re annodised and most of the door latches in my car chromed for $400.
GEMI5M
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: CHROME STRIPS Reply with quote

a spot welder is used to fuse those "pins" to the doorskin.your local big panel shop should have some with there spot welding machiene.they are a copper colour.
macca_loto
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: CHROME STRIPS Reply with quote

Thanks for your help guys muchly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: