HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

attn: gene fu20dht

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: attn: gene fu20dht Reply with quote

i was flicking through an old hot 4s today and saw your previous gem, good stuff. anyhoo, in the same issue, in the readers rides section theres a early shape gem with a turbo setup, and apparently it has a front mount intercooler, though there is no chopping in the front. you said a little while back that 'you cant fit an intercooler into the front of a tx/c/d gem without doing a bunch of chopping', or words to that effect. were you telling porkies? not having a go at you, would just like to know thats all, cos im not keen on hacking in to the front of mine

cheers,
justin
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gene fu20dht Reply with quote

If you do not wanna hack away at your car, run a top mount then,

you will have to cut the front apron off though if you wish to run a front mount, or run a very thin core between the radiator and apron, and cut larger holes on either side of the radiator for the pipes to run into,

either way if you want something to look and work effectively, the will be some minor sacrifices to the body work, ie. no grille cause of the thickness, but will some carefull thought can be made to look like a feature

regards
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gene fu20dht Reply with quote

yeah gene was implying that youd have to chop a dirty great big hole in there in order to fit one, but that makes sense. cheers
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gene fj20det Reply with quote

well the coolers were having require a big chop, as we both have early models also,

you could get away with say a S4 RX7 Lil top mount, mount in the front, but aint gonna really flow say higher boost you may get tempted to dial in.

just look at other pics of early gems, may help
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gene fj20det Reply with quote

yeah i dont want an interwarmer, and would like a reasonable amount of boost as well
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gene fj20det Reply with quote

Well buy a 400x300x73 core from PWR for like $350-$400

and throw some end tanks oon it and its all good, will fit in between teh bumper brackets and will sit nicely in there, unless you want the big 600mm+ suckers??
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gene fj20det Reply with quote

is that the pink td with the gay homebrand gril? if so its just a pis stock mazda cooler if memory serves correctly. i could fit one of them up my ass there so small. i wouldnt even bother using one

if u have a TX/C/D go have a look thers like 30mm between the radiator and the apron. if u can find somewhere to fit a DECENT size cooler let me know
Very Happy
piece
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gene fj20det Reply with quote

dont be cheao, get one made to suit. haha
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gene fj20det Reply with quote

umm.. so a $1500 custom cooler is "cheap" and not "made"??
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gene fj20det Reply with quote

nah mate it was in the readers section, a red panno i think. youre right though, that pink one with the crap grille in it looks just that, crap.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gene fj20det Reply with quote

http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sc&vid=373&car=4
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gene fj20det Reply with quote

to get a intercoler to fit that gap in front of thye radiator, it like 650 in adelaide, all over just have to look around...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gene fj20det Reply with quote

yeha. look at my gay thin cooler that does nothign

pfft
any less then 70mm thik u midas well piss in the carby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: