HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ATTN: SNZ12L re SR20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OTD 079
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: ATTN: SNZ12L re SR20 Reply with quote

Do you have any photos of your install? I am trying to talk to as many ppl as possible to try and sort most of these issues out before I start. Would you mind if I asked you a few specific questions about the install?

Cheers,
Matthew
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: SNZ12L re SR20 Reply with quote

Matthew,

Send Rocco's performace your sump and they will fabricate it to suit your Gem Gem,

for $380 - $440 for the sump, dont make the mounts up yet, wait till you get it back as you will need to position it first then fabricate your mounts and gearbox mounts, the box will fit in the orginal tunnel depends how high you sit the motor, will just clear the tappet cover,

btw OSR 020, says that you can have a look at his plenum, but is very picky on opening his bonnet though

other than that throw a fist full of money at a shop and tehy will put it in, but hey im lookin at only spending $800 for the installation,

Thank you OSR 020
OTD 079
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: SNZ12L re SR20 Reply with quote

BlueTC - check your email.
When do you think that I might be able to have a look at OSR 020's intake manifold?
email me on matt_thompson78@hotmail.com

Cheers,
Matthew
SNZ12L
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: SNZ12L re SR20 Reply with quote

where abouts are you located, what do you want to know?
OTD 079
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN: SNZ12L re SR20 Reply with quote

I am in Brisbane.
I want to find out whether you made changes to your sump, intake manifold, brake booster set up to get the motor in the engine bay and what you did with the clutch (cable/hydraulic).

The installs that I have seen so far vary greatly. One had remote break booster set up, with hydraulic clutch. Another had std brake set up, slightly modified (read ground away) to give clearance between intake with dodgy cable clutch, and the last also had std brake but had the motor positioned on a slight angle to give the intake clearance around the booster and had cable clutch.

Bluetc is suggesting making a custom sump and intake manifold. I am doing most of the install myself just trying to find the most cost effective way to installation.

Do you have any photos of your install that you wish to share?

Cheers,
Matthew
matt_thompson78@hotmail.com
SNZ12L
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: SNZ12L re SR20 Reply with quote

Customed the sump, other than that no changes were made to the engine, standard manifolds with a custom dump pipe off the turbo to clear the firewall.

Used ford cortina engine mounts with flat bar welded to the standard mounting position to mount the engine, no problem with clearance on the brake master/booster.

Used the hydraulic clutch out of a silvia mounted under the dash with mods to the clutch pedal.

I put the VT brakes on the front and disks on the rear, other than the pedal being slightly more spongy than it was previously I didn't think it required an upgrade of the master cylinder and neither did the engineer.
I don't have many photos of the conversion but will take some when I get time and will email them to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: