HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

DOHC Comparisson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparrow
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 1:38 am    Post subject: DOHC Comparisson Reply with quote

yeah...

...Will a worked G200 SOHC (running a twin carb set-up, cam work, exhaust and mild port clean-up) produce similar power to a stock G180 DOHC running twin carbs (not EFI) ...

I'm am considering both of these options as my future engine upgrade ... but I want to know just how much advantage I get from the twin cam engine...

I've never been in a Twin cam gemini...but i can only assume that they will have similar power to modern small cars with N/A twin cam engines (lancer, pulsar, laser, excel, ect.)

What engine should I consider ??
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: DOHC Comparisson Reply with quote

As the twin cams are still only 2 valve per cylinder, the benefit over a single cam is negligable. The lower cost and larger size of the G200 SOHC would make it a better proposition.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: DOHC Comparisson Reply with quote

You will have more luck finding parts for a SOHC but the dohc is a very good engine, i have an injected one and while there is probably similar power figures to the SOHC the driveablility and economy are much improved as well as good popwer over the whole rev range. If you are in sydney i'll take you for a cruise in my gem so you can see what its like if you want
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: DOHC Comparisson Reply with quote

You in the NSW Gem club?
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: DOHC Comparisson Reply with quote

yep
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: DOHC Comparisson Reply with quote

yep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: