HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TG heads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 7:10 am    Post subject: TG heads Reply with quote

G'day just wondering if any one knows the CC of a stock 1600 TG head. Trying to workout weather it would be better in terms of compression and flow to run a ported 1600 head or a ported 1800 head. The valves look about the same size.
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2001 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: TG heads Reply with quote

1584cc i think
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: TG heads Reply with quote

I've got a pollution head, not sure of the model, but its got the fittings for the air pump in the exhasut ports, it has around 50cc chambers, it might have been machines a little though.

I have a TD head, been machined around 2.5mm, it has 40cc chambers.

I think 1600 and 1800 heads are exactly the same, so there will be no benefit. Reasons I think they are the same.

1. I pulled apart a stocky 1800 and it had the same head as a 1600 head I had.
2. 1800 engines wouldn't need factory dished pistons if they had bigger combustion chamber equipped heads, or esle they would just run flat tops like a 1600.

Ben Wight
Woz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2001 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: TG heads Reply with quote

according to a post in the old forum, there was a guy who had a n/a g180 with a g200 head. according to this guy the g200 heads have far better stock hp flow figures than either the g161 or g180 heads. he mentioned that porting the g200 heads out and shaving them was far better than any other combination. he was getting some real high power when the engine was put together though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: