HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Radiator conversions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomiS
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 6:15 pm    Post subject: Radiator conversions Reply with quote

Are there any radiator's bigger then the gem one that will bolt straight in?
nomiS
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Radiator conversions Reply with quote

bigger doesn't matter, i mean more efficient
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Radiator conversions Reply with quote

I hear cortina getting thrown around a fair bit. Even though its a ford. I doubt anything will bolt straight in, but it would be really really easy to fit one.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Radiator conversions Reply with quote

Yeah I have a Torana 253 V8 Radiator, it fits Perfect, bolts line up and Hoses, except I did not take it out of a Torana a mate told me that is what it is off, you know how it is, but it fit's perfect and keep's the temp well down
Phil
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Radiator conversions Reply with quote

Apparently gems with factory air con came with a heavy duty radiator that bolts in. Wider core and larger tanks, I've read.
JFK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Radiator conversions Reply with quote

yep the bolt pattern is the same as all torries u only need a six cylinder one
they go for around $80 reco'd
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Radiator conversions Reply with quote

So LC. LJ and UC all have the same rediators?
JFK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Radiator conversions Reply with quote

and lh supposedly i know that UC and LJ fits and an LC os pretty much the same as a LJ and um u wouldnt fit a 3 core v8 one in
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 1:51 am    Post subject: lj torana Reply with quote

i got a brand ne lj torry on for mine, bolted straight in, u have to move the in and out pipes to the opposite sides tho!! works a charm!!!!!1
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 2:11 am    Post subject: except Reply with quote

the pipes are on the wrong sides, i have one put in my gem and they had to be swaped
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 4:02 pm    Post subject: Rodeo's Fit Reply with quote

I run a Rodeo 2 core on my 2litre, the top hose connector needs to be swapped to the correct side though. Never had an over heating problem, and most of the time runs nearly too cold. Should be about $120 for a clean pressure checked one.
Tooleeda
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Radiator conversions Reply with quote

Forgot to mention they bolt straight in, are about 4-6 inches wider and quite possibly are the ones for the air/cond models.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: Radiator conversions Reply with quote

the aircon ones look standard enuff there nothing spec i have on in the garage and its thensame size
there is a thrtee core radiator available for the gem just ask a well known radiator specailst
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 6:34 pm    Post subject: Diesel Radiator Reply with quote

Diesel Gemini radiators are a fair size bigger - certainly a lot wider than a stocky one, and yet bolt up to the same mount holes.

I think the hoses are in the right position, but I could be wrong.

If you got one of them fixed restored, perhaps with a triple-core, then your overheating days would be over.
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Diesel Radiator Reply with quote

If by chance anyone reads this far back a RA40 celica radiator bolts right in the hoses are correct and it is the full width my car has one with twin 83 mazda 626 thermo(aircon) fans and i sure as hell dont overheat!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: