HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Bench Mark Dyno Figures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:24 pm    Post subject: Bench Mark Dyno Figures Reply with quote

Can anyone help with some Bench mark Turbo Gem Power figures
ie. 1.8ltr, 10psi, 150HP rear wheels (LPG)

Dyno'n my Gem this week aiming for 15psi 18psi and about 200hp raer wheels, I'm interested in some other people's figures. Maybe this could be a section in the Workshop?
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Bench Mark Dyno Figures Reply with quote

200rwhp? That would be ballistic but I doubt you'll reach it. Awesome if you can, but I would be saying about 160 at the rear wheels would be more likely, once you factor in drivetrain losses.

Good luck Smile
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Bench Mark Dyno Figures Reply with quote

Good luck with 200rwhp, itd be nice and quick.

I was getting about 165rwhp @17psi with a G200. That was before installing my intercooler. Am guessing about 180 now. Big exhasut and compressor will get me to 200 hopefully. Building exhasut now.

What are the specs of your 1800 and turbo, I assume G180???

Cheers!
Ben Wight
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Bench Mark Dyno Figures Reply with quote

No, actually a g160 bored out a fuck of a lot to fit VL Turbo Pistons full floating (Nice low comp) balanced shot peened & polished rods, O-Rings, copper head gasket, 2ltr oil pump, GT25 b/bearing turbo, G200 EFI Manifold, minor head work Heavy valve springs, 350 CFM Gas Reasearch, Big Cam, Piazza Elec dissy recurved, front mounted intercooler, Lightened flywheel and brass button clutch,and soon to have a 9 inch LSD. this combo will do some skids. and have the possibility to boost to about 20 PSI
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Bench Mark Dyno Figures Reply with quote

Nice, very nice !
nomiS
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Bench Mark Dyno Figures Reply with quote

I get 100 at the wheels with my n/a 1.6
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Bench Mark Dyno Figures Reply with quote

Im pulling a bone shattering 56 or so kw.(guess)
Hows that for impressive??

I dont need a fast car, ive got a big dick.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Bench Mark Dyno Figures Reply with quote

i got 80 hp at the rear wheels
JFK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Bench Mark Dyno Figures Reply with quote

im hoping for 130 at the wheels from a g200 runnig twin webbers and cdt extractors with a 1600 head
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Bench Mark Dyno Figures Reply with quote

That theory explains why I took the engine out of my car then.
pjhsv
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Bench Mark Dyno Figures Reply with quote

Sounds nice, but don't waste your cash, (or more importantly, your horsepower), on a 9inch. Get a commodore V6 LSD. It will be ample strong enough to hold together under any strain that you will give it, and it wont suck 150 horses doing it.
pjhsv
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Bench Mark Dyno Figures Reply with quote

Thats funny, i've got 2 fast cars, and a really big dick. Still want more horsepower though
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Bench Mark Dyno Figures Reply with quote

you know owning a HSV at nothing special.
its a ca that already goes hard and you didnt do didley squat to it and i reckon you gotta lil frankfurter from those comments
CJ
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Bench Mark Dyno Figures Reply with quote

2L twincam (modified), 13B turbo, 13B intercooler, 15psi microtech D5 computer, 184KW, 5L commodore LSD still hagin in there many broken gearbox's though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: