HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

F**ken Cops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 5:40 am    Post subject: F**ken Cops Reply with quote

My TG just got defected. 1AM, on my way home from work, stereo cranked, mates hanging arms out of the back windows, good way of attracting that cops attention. Got done for non factory steering wheel & frayed seatbelts. I will put the stock steering wheel back on for the inspection. Anyone know any easy way of fixing/replacing frayed seatbelts? Someone suggested burning off the frayed ends with a lighter, but somehow I don't think that they will fall for that one.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: F**ken Cops Reply with quote

depends how bad the fraying is and how strict the pace you get it inspected at

dont actually burn them just let the heat from the light warm them up so they melt a little
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: F**ken Cops Reply with quote

its only 2 bolts to replace the seat belt. easy as.
i didnt know u could get done for that tho?!?! i might have to replace mine then
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: F**ken Cops Reply with quote

Have you ever seen what happens to people when the belt breaks?

Do YOURSELF a favour and replace it with a new one.
matey_mate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: F**ken Cops Reply with quote

i agree i wouldnt risk my life just to save 50 bucks
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: F**ken Cops Reply with quote

Yeah, Im heading down to Adelaide tomorrow to pick up a brand new one. I only need it for the drivers side the other four are in very good condition.
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2001 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: F**ken Cops Reply with quote

Same fucken thing happen to me at 1.30am on a friday night.
Fucken Pigs.
I got done for battery clamp, 1 brake light out Number plate light, and 1 parker light out.
There fucken dogs I swear.
Why pick on gems for?
nail
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: F**ken Cops Reply with quote

no shit, non standard steering wheel, no batt clamp, in nz the cops would't give 2 shits about that
Rosscoe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: F**ken Cops Reply with quote

bahahaha
how bout making sure your car is worth driving on the road and safe.
then maybe those dogs wont pick on you
dipstick
lol
Chase
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: F**ken Cops Reply with quote

...dont try an insurance claim if you get rear ended and have a brake light out, and a shorting battery (ie. fallen over and shorting both terminals) is a very very nasty thing (fire, explosion etc)
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 3:23 pm    Post subject: Seat belts - important shit Reply with quote

Don't bother trying to melt the fraying off - it didn't work for me, anyway.

I bought new belts - fortunately my car is a panelvan so there are only two. Cost me about $300, but they are shit easy to put in; the front two at least.

I saw a report on Today Tonite where they tested some seat belts and it came up with some interesting results.

Seatbelts shouldn't break before something like 1000kgs of pressure - something like that. Anyway, a belt from a 10 year old car broke after a mere 600-650kgs - that could be enough to break and send you through the windscreen in a big smash.

The brand new belt they tested broke after something like 1800-2000kgs - about double the strength required by Australian Standards.

So when I took my original Gemini to the wreckers (rust), I took the belts and put them in my next Gemini. When I sold that Gemini (rust) I sold the belts, but they were the first things I bought for my latest Gemini (which also has rust; funny about that). Not only that though, they make your interior look better too cause they're black and neat and retract quickly - not grey and faded and frayed and loose.

So really, they are a pretty good investment all around really - aesthetics, comfort AND safety. What more could you want?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: