HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Engine Types..... WTF??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 8:12 pm    Post subject: Engine Types..... WTF?? Reply with quote

Ok I bought some bearings(mains) from repco to rebuild a 2L and this is what it says:

To suit/aplication
ISUZU: G130, G160Z, G161, G180, G161Z, G180Z, G200Z

WTF?? I thought there was only G161Z, G180Z, G180W, G200Z and G200W?
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Types..... WTF?? Reply with quote

Being as though the G series engine was based off the earlier push rod 3 bearing engines, you will find that the bearings fit the earlier motors too... Michael
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Types..... WTF?? Reply with quote

The G130 and the G150 were both OHV pushrod engines, both found in the Isuzu Bellett.

The G130 came standard in the Bellett Wasp, which was the one-tonne ute version, while the G150 was standard in the sedan and (Japan-only) wagon.

The G160 was available in the Bellett GT coupe, I think, and it might have been used in the weird and rare Isuzu Florian as well. The Isuzu Florian ute is far more common, although it's usually known as the Chevrolet LUV (light utility vehicle) or Isuzu KB20 - the forerunner to the Rodeo.

Not sure of the difference between a G160 and a G160Z - reckon the G160Z might have been an early OHC engine, different again to the G161Z.

There were also Bellett twin cams, but I'm not sure what they were called - they were earlier engines than the G180W and G200W.

The Bellett engine was initially 3-bearing, but had 5-bearings from about 1966 onwards - still OHV though and basically identical to the earlier engines.

Hope that trivia helped.
Phil
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Types..... WTF?? Reply with quote

yeah it did...
thanks for the info
never knew there were that many.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: