HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Engine Capacity Limits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 12:05 am    Post subject: Engine Capacity Limits Reply with quote

Here in WA we are allowed by law to fit a 25% larger capacity motor over the standard models motor.

What I want to find out is what capacities did the TG Gemini come with, if there only was 1.5L models then I will be limited to 1.825L, however if a 1.8L was released then I can go for the aimed 2L.

Hope you guys can help
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Capacity Limits Reply with quote

diesels are 1800cc so i guess you can go for a 2L
JFK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Capacity Limits Reply with quote

cdt too
Phil
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Capacity Limits Reply with quote

ummmmm doesn't 1.6L + 25% = 2L???
Wazza
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Capacity Limits Reply with quote

hey dude
umm u should be fine with the 2L, i've just had one put in, and im picking it up tomorrow... an dthe guy who's doing it has heaps of gem's and he said there was nothing wrong with it..
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Capacity Limits Reply with quote

For starters, 1.5 + 25% is 1.875 not 1.825.
And as TG's came out with a 1.6 then 1.6 + 25% = 2.00

So there ya go!
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Capacity Limits Reply with quote

Cheers Smile Yeah I didn't know the TG was stock 1.6 (Transport guy was trying to convince me it was 1.5)

Now I know what's happening I'm pretty happy. Now all I gotta figure out is if a DOHC G200W is worth the trouble (and probly extra expense). Keep in mind I want EFI that's easy to implement
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Capacity Limits Reply with quote

Hey Hamal,
this is Eqqwarsh from OCforum,
let me know if you have any problems,
your perth transport guy's are full of shit I had trouble with them trying to rego my turbo Gem, they said should not be a problem, until of course they see the car then it was just fuck me around, so I kept the Vic rego, and quickly let the state,

They wanted pollution stuff for a straight gas???

cheers.
Woz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Capacity Limits Reply with quote

...but was a cdt an official car? ie. if you rocked up to the TAC or whatever would they know what the fuck you were talking about???
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Capacity Limits Reply with quote

Anti Pollution for AvGas? And I thought them insisting a Gem was 1.5L (after I told em I was looking towards a TG).

I had a good look at your Gem's stats and I must say PHWOAR!, have fun Wink

I don't expect TOO much trouble from Transport WA as I'm only going to go a straight 2L EFI, and turbo is not really what I want with the missus also driving the car (it's for YOUR safety gentlemen!). Afterwards I may sneak in some boring, porting, shaving balancing etc. But depending on how much trouble Transport gives me depends on whether I tell them I've done it.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Capacity Limits Reply with quote

Sorry, I ment they wanted Pollution equipment for an Straight LPG car???, even thou it runs cleaner than any car on ULP,

Good luck with your project,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: