HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

paint job

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westy
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 6:04 pm    Post subject: paint job Reply with quote

Hey guys/gals i want to get a full respray on my gemini wagon how much am i looking at paying all up for a few dings taken out a bit of rust then the paint job with a couple coats of clear. how much is this all going to cost roughly?
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: paint job Reply with quote

Go to a few paint 'n' panel shops and check out some work they have previously done. If they're up to your standards and cheap enough, go for it! My TG sedan had two spots of rust but was pretty straight to begin with. It was painted by a panelbeater in his backyard. All up it cost me about $3500. The finished product was show quality. Its well worth shopping around for a good paint job!
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 2:10 am    Post subject: TAFE Reply with quote

hey if your game enough and dont need the car 4 a little while give it to your local tafe (aprentace pannel beaters)will do a FREE spray job 4 u!!
thats if you arent toooo fussed on the result as it may not be show quality. but the fact is alot of pannel shops are bodgy, and with tafe you are ensured that the job gets done right because the students are taught only the proper way to go about fixing rust etc.
its worth thinking about
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: