HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

lowering problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
super charged gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 6:42 pm    Post subject: lowering problem Reply with quote

i smashed my tc gemini and decided instead of fixing it i would buy a later model i got a tg and when i put my lowered springs from the tc to the tg the front droped nice but the rear is higher than it was standard weve tried lossening the panard rod and stuff no go its not the shocks holding it up and according to the ppl ive asked the sprigs are the same from tx - tg so any ideas what i could be
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: lowering problem Reply with quote

wat was the tc???
the pano springs have more coils
Tooleeda
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: lowering problem Reply with quote

The springs arent the same throughout the models. Earlier models had a shorter suspension travel over all, ie the springs made the body sit lower. Im 99% sure that springs from the TD's with RTS onwards are the same, and TX and TC's different. And of course the panos are different.
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: lowering problem Reply with quote

Tooleeda is right
TD-TG have the same because they are all RTS.
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: lowering problem Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed the difference in handling between pre and post RTS?
My TX was a bitch, jittery, understeer then snakey, lurid slides and lots more sh!tscarey moments.
The new TF is composed, balanced and most of all, sure-footed. I can't get her to break like the TX. Sticks like glue. Faster as well...
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: lowering problem Reply with quote

back to the first question.....
i too have that same problem with it sitting up at the rear, i just spent $500 on new lowered springs 2"
the front looks great but it sits up way too high at the back for my liking, i was told it was the chassis being bent, but i dont know about that...
if anyone can give me some advice in fixing this problem it would be much appreciated
cheers
kev
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: lowering problem Reply with quote

Just get out the trusty angle grinder and chop some coils!
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: lowering problem Reply with quote

there r different spring rates that r bought out . you could maybe xchange them for supa lows whitch will bring the back down heaps.
And if you want to raise it slightly put th e top rear coil rubbers out of a VC commodore in to gain 1/2 inch(could be the difference between scrape or no scrape)
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: lowering problem Reply with quote

i bought supa lows it still sits up above standard hight but it looks like the rear top coil rubbers arnt sitting in properlyso should i try to get some thinner ones that sit in properly???
Tooleeda
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: lowering problem Reply with quote

Are they selling you the correct springs for your model?
Maybe you need to have them made to order.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: