HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HELP ME PLEASE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GRMLIN
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: HELP ME PLEASE Reply with quote

i have a G180 motor. i think it is bored out to 2l but there is a lot of oil pissing out of the little hole/stem at the back of the rocker cover i put a OIL breather on it and it stopped the problem but i think i have done the rings.
can some one give me some advise on what has happened and what to do.
kind regards
chris
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP ME PLEASE Reply with quote

it has probly got broken rings or very worn rings.
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP ME PLEASE Reply with quote

sorry bout that forgot to log SIKGEM out.
Is there a lot of back pressure through the breather pipe and if you block it off does the oil cap fire out of the tappet cover?
How old is the motor and do you know much of its history (has it had a thrashin')
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP ME PLEASE Reply with quote

it does not blow the cap off but there is a fair amount of back pressure. but the funny thing is that my mates panel van does the same thing.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: HELP ME PLEASE Reply with quote

Possible broken a ring or piston, maybe from detonation as a result of too much ignition timing.

If it still runs fine though, I wouldn't worry about it at all. They generally blow a bit of air. They just blow more when things get worn or broken.

Does it blow any smoke or sue any oil? Those are telltale signs.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: