HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

What parts fit my TX??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TXGEMY
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: What parts fit my TX?? Reply with quote

I'm wondering what other Gemini parts fit my TX Gemy which has later model (TE, TF, TG etc shape) front. Like, TD, TC etc? Or even TE onwards?
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What parts fit my TX?? Reply with quote

If your talking about front sheet metal,then when u take the guards off the fronts are almost identical.All u have to do(the cheats way) is reverse the saftey catch on the radiator support panel,and knock off the front stone tray,then weld the early bumper mounts to the late model mounts and hey presto!
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What parts fit my TX?? Reply with quote

Yes, that is the cheats way! lol

Ideally changing the front over should include a complete front nose cone and bonnet, which includes upgrades such as a more sensible radiator support.

Not much else fits a TX apart from the largest bits.
The TX floor pan is very different from the later models and as a result you can't exchange 5spd boxes easily, can't swap seats, can't simply bolt up a rear sway bar etc

Still, I reckon the TX was almost the best looking Smile
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What parts fit my TX?? Reply with quote

the 5spd would fit into an auto floorpan,and would only fit the man floor if reverse was down & to the right,as if reverse was down and to the lrft ,,,no go 5spd(without mods)
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What parts fit my TX?? Reply with quote

if its a 75, the 5spd wont fit without major body mods(tunnel swap),76 tx`s r a bolt in swap.late model velour seats require a swapover of the seat mounting slide/adjusters,76 model u can bolt them straight in.front swaybar off the rts equipped gemini`s r a bolt in, this totally transforms these cars.rear can be fitted if u swap to a 10 bolt diff from a td, use the tx torque tube as its mounts r different to a td on.if u want to retain the early style brakes,use a 10 bolt from a td,te & later have a different setup.when u have the diff bolted in, position the swaybar in place & drill holes for the body mount brackets.8 bolt diffs r usually rooted,so this could b a good option..
TXGEMY
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What parts fit my TX?? Reply with quote

I think you guys mis-understood my post! I already have the front end on. It is a 75 model. Also a 5spd manual and has cloth interior. What i want to know is, will any other model Gemini doors basically fit my TX?
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What parts fit my TX?? Reply with quote

all of the sedan doors from 75 to 84
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What parts fit my TX?? Reply with quote

I think the later model doors had more reinforcement and side intrusion so were heavier. I could be wrong Smile
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What parts fit my TX?? Reply with quote

I've got to replace my driver's door soon (TD) and I've got a butchered TE door sitting outside so I might compare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: