HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Whiteline Suspension Clinic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 3:01 am    Post subject: Whiteline Suspension Clinic Reply with quote

Just thought I'd pass this along, whiteline (I work for them but you should
know that by now) is having a suspension clinic at wakefield park on
12/3/2002. The cost is $150, plus $27.50 for a wakefield license (valid for
one year).

Included are expert advice on your suspension, 2 (morning/afternoon) one and
a half hour track sessions, rides in whiteline project cars (including a
500+hp VL circuit monster).

Full details are available at http://www.whiteline.com.au/whatsnew.htm or
download the full fact sheet at
http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/062_Susp_clinic_M.PDF
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline Suspension Clinic Reply with quote

Damn, I am in VIC Sad

So, when we want to upgrade the suspenders on our Gems we can come to you?
Question: How much for a kit and kaboodle suspension setup?
Springs, Shocks, Adjustable swaybars, Adjustable panhard, strut tower brace. Anything else needed?
All this for an 82 TF. Low as she goes but legal in VIC.

Cheers
Phil
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline Suspension Clinic Reply with quote

Another question, where abouts is it that you work? I've been looking for a whiteline dealer in the brisbane area(not very hard I'll admit)
Thanks
Phil
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline Suspension Clinic Reply with quote

Hello Phil,

I work from home ('cos I'm lazy), a number of places in brisbane carry our stock, including (but definitely not limited to) our 'whiteline preferred distributors' see http://www.whiteline.com.au/dealers.htm

or just order the bits from the webstore like I always have (since before I worked there) at www.whiteline.com.au/store
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline Suspension Clinic Reply with quote

Adam, hows their qualitiy control these days ? as it wasnt real good when i tried the stuff 3 years ago ... Michael
Phil
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline Suspension Clinic Reply with quote

Awesome thanks Adam,
The reason why I'm looking is because I was chasing my mates gemmy around some backstreets in deagon the other day, I took a corner a bit fast and got a fair bit of understeer. Almost hit a gutter but managed to stab the clutch and get the back to slide a bit more to straighten up. Scared the shit out of me and even more out of the guy in the passenger seat, who saw the gutter and a street sign whiz past his window. He doesnt like riding with me anymore.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline Suspension Clinic Reply with quote

Which bits? I know we had a problem with our strut braces, easily fixed, we f#@ked off having them made in taiwan and made them in Australia... to quote another suspension tuner (not whiteline staff), all taiwanese bits are just cockroach shit and glitter.

I haven't had any complaints at all re: qual. control so we can't be doing too bad.
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Whiteline Suspension Clinic Reply with quote

As some of you might know I have been racing Geminis for about 8 years now and I had a bad run with whitelines springs about 3 years ago. I ordered a spring of a certain free height and poundage and it took 3 goes at getting it right. Even at the end the free heights of both springs where 5 mm differance. 5mm is nothong to worry about in a road car but makes a big differance to corner weights of a race car. I also had a smaller issue with their blades (adjustable swaybar)on lowered cars. We now make our own swaybars and only used King Springs... Michael
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Whiteline Suspension Clinic Reply with quote

ROFL Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: