HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

thermofans??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muddy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 6:20 am    Post subject: thermofans?? Reply with quote

Could someone please put me out of my misery and tell me what the ideal thermofan setup is for a relatively stock TE.
I've had that many conflicting opinions (one fan! two fans! ten inch! twelve!) I'd appreciate any advice. Thanx, Muddy.
RJM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: thermofans?? Reply with quote

16" craig davies.
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: thermofans?? Reply with quote

goto autobarn etc. and ask for a thermofan installer kit. It mounts the thermo fan to the radiator fairly nicely and u can take it on and off with ease, this is what I use. I mounted the fan to the radiator behind the grill and made the fan run backwards
Muddy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: thermofans?? Reply with quote

FrAsErTaG, thanks for the reply, mate. I was actually talking to a guy at the local autobarn and he tried to sell me on two fans, but if you're using one that's good enough for me. Methinks it was a twelve-inch fan w/installer kit that he showed me, but stuffed If I know how I'd go getting two of those mothers on a poor little gemmy radiator anyways! regards, Muddy.
Muddy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: thermofans?? Reply with quote

Hey, RJM, thanx for the reply. I had a guy at the local autobarn try to sell me on two fans but that sounds excessive for a lil' gemmy. regards, Muddy
RJM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: thermofans?? Reply with quote

Yeah thats a bit over the top, are you running the 1600 motor in it?
If its a g200 I would consider a bigger fan or maybe double for a real hot day.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: thermofans?? Reply with quote

I've run a single 10" for all of my motors, the only time it has ever gottne too hot was this summer in canberra at the summernats.

I dont think you could fit bigger than a 12", even that will probably be a sqeeze, but get a 12 and make it fit.

I never had a problem with the 10 though on my worked 1600 and 2 litres, only with the turbo at summernats.

Ben Wight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: