HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

side strips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaan_kaant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 9:31 pm    Post subject: side strips Reply with quote

how easy is it to remove those rubber strips from the side of the car?
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: side strips Reply with quote

when i was gettin my car painted, i left them on, coz i kept the same color, i took of the back 2, and it was a bitch 2 take them off, and get all the shit of the back of them, and the body. if ure not painting the car, don't bother take them off coz u'll make a mess of it, but just take off the back ones, and c how u go, if u can't be fukt wit the rest (like me), just tape em up and spray ova the top of em., u can't tell anyway, even if u try go up 2 it and look. the car looks bettta without the strips, but u go 2 the shops, some fagget opens his door, and there go's ure nice paint. i just left the fuckers on.

chris.
Ful51k
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: side strips Reply with quote

On my TG, all it took was my fingers under the strip and they came off easy. The problem though was on most of the doors it pulled off some paint and reveiled some rust.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: side strips Reply with quote

Depends on how long they've been there. If they're still factory then they should come off without too much difficulty, but be careful of your paint. You could try heating with a hair drier or heat gun to soften the glue. If they have been put on later with urethane (looks like hard black silastic) that can be a bitch to get off. If you're going to put them back on again, you can try what some panelbeaters do. Carefully, with a thin, sharp knife, slide it along under the mould to cut it off, then before you put them back on, lighty rub some acetone on the old urethane to open the pores and reapply a film of fresh urethane.
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: ITS EASY Reply with quote

dont listen to em mate. i took mine off without one drama. get some cutting compound polish before you start to get off any marks left in the process and itl only take a couple of hours. piss easy
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: ITS EASY if Reply with quote

yea, its easy when they're like that from the factory, they practically come off themselves, but if they had been glued on b4, like me, wit that black shit, then u have a problem, of getting that elastic black shit off, i just used heaps of thinner, and i came off eventually, but i saw no point 2 take off the rest, coz they were sitting nicely.

chris.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: