HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Need Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heffy
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 6:05 am    Post subject: Need Help Reply with quote

Can sumbody help me with my problem, In my gemini, wheneva i gear down or or take my foot off the accelerator my car sounds like it's firing a gun. It wasn't as bad a sound untill i put extractors on it, now it's just gettin annoying
i was wondering if there is a way to fix this, or is it normal. i was told it just means i have good compresion.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Reply with quote

backfiring, it's the heads. no good.
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Reply with quote

Check for exhaust leaks aswell
Heffy
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Reply with quote

It's not actually backfiring
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Reply with quote

hmm get it tuned it sound like its getting to much fuel and not burning it and thats why it burbles and farts
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Need Help Reply with quote

tg u saying that backfiring is a sign of probs in the heads ? cant it be anything else ? mine backfired when it is cold ... kinda gurgles on the downshift .. i put it down to an exhaust prob or fuel.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Reply with quote

There can be a few reasons for it doing what your'e describing.
Most of the time it is quite normal for a car to "bark" on deceleration, but if you have either a modified exhaust or a worked motor, you will notice it more.
Check your ignition timing, simple things first.
Heffy
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Need Help Reply with quote

could it be that my exhaust isn't properly sealed where it joins onto my extractors
so the noise i getting out ther and not going through the muffler?
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Reply with quote

yea, i got new head, did a full reco on it, and bob's ure uncle, even when u shift down, or brake wit the engine, i don't gurgle of backfire no more, it's when the valves r fukt or somethin, and it leaves a bit of pertrol in the chamber thing, then it just get's a spark, and bang, off it goes out the exhaust.

chris.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Need Help Reply with quote

If you had an exhaust sealing problem you would hear it most/all of the time rather than just on deccelerating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: