HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

What Engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KaMaKaZi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 3:43 am    Post subject: What Engine Reply with quote

I recently purchased a nice TG coupe for $250. Ive pulled the engine out and im thinking of a new mill. Which way should I go i had a look at sr20s and they were out of my budget. How common and what costs am i looking at to put in a 2.6 Rodeo or 1.8. ?

Imn thinking of keeping the 1.6 and making theese mods injection, forced induction, headwork, tough internals, programmable management, XF throttle body, exhaust and cam.

How much power do you reckon ill be making with that combination. ?

The last time i looked at programmable management it costed a mint is there anyway i can make theese mods without it. ?
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What Engine Reply with quote

Any where from 150HP to 500, it all depends on your budget.
You can do all that without management but since that combination will cost alot if your serious about it, than get programmable management.

FYI - for the money that your lookin at, you could - and prolly shouild - put in a standard CA18DET or SR20DET.
KaMaKaZi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What Engine Reply with quote

Thanx MatMan I think ill take your advice and go import someone said i could run an sr or fj20 with wth sr20 gtir Quad throttle bodies and computer. Is it a hard fit?
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What Engine Reply with quote

A guy at Summernats made 560 (I think, 500 and something anyway) rear wheel horespower with a 2.6 turbo rodeo engine, so thats around 700 flywheel horsepower.

Ben Wight
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What Engine Reply with quote

Fuuuuuuuuuck. I forgot about this years unlimited boost rule.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: