HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Camira Wheels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: Camira Wheels Reply with quote

Hey dudes,
Got myself some polished camira rims, but they're starting to fade a bit. Whats the best way to get em full on shiny again? like mirror finish, pffft Smile I've tried chrome and aluminium mag polish with a buffer on the drill, but nuffin impressive other than gettin the dirt off, works good on the chrome bumpers tho. thanks guys
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Camira Wheels Reply with quote

i got chekerplate all over my car, and just a tip on the exhaust, and i use brasso, cost's bout $6 from coles, and u just wack it on, and buff it off. dun know if it'll make rims shine tho. try get them chromes again, but i think that is 2 expensive, like 200+ p wheel.

chris.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Camira Wheels Reply with quote

use stuff cald "bright shine" in a little yellow tin. its like a wadding with polish on it. put it on and hand buff it of, looks sick. i get the shitiest looking alloy to look like chrome with it. good luck
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Camira Wheels Reply with quote

$200 BUCKS!! Someone saw you coming.
My SL/E wheels on my VH cost me $30 per rim for a metal polisher to get them to a mirror finish. Still look grouse after 5 years.
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Camira Wheels Reply with quote

are they the same as the gem SL/E rims but with 5 stud and does it look any good?? should i get it done to mine???
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Camira Wheels Reply with quote

The Commo rims are 15", which is one size up from the stocky VH 14" rim - the Gemini SL/E rim is only 13" - same size as a stocky, and they don't exactly fill out the guards too well.

I'd stick with the 14" RB/Camira rims if you're gonna stick with anything.

Nah, just get yourself a set of 15" Simmons B45s or some 16" Centreline Prowlers. The Prowlers will only set you back about $500/rim or so. (wank wank wank)
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Camira Wheels Reply with quote

Just to expand on that, the VB-VC SL/E (series 1) wheels look identical to the TD SL/E rims with the sizes Dave mentioned. The VH SL/E (series 2) wheels look similar to the 14" RB/Camira SL/E rims except that they have five pairs of slots instead of four and, are as Dave said, 15" and 5 stud. The latter are the ones usually polished, although my first set of rims on my first Gem., I painted the 13" SL/E rims black and then polished the tops of the fins and the outer rim. Cheap and looked effective against the Absynth yellow. Mind you, back then, 15's on a Gem were rare & very expensive (Im showing my age again).
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Camira Wheels Reply with quote

To expand on the SL/E rims:

TD Gemini SL/E - 13"
UC Sunbird/Torana SL/E - 13" (5 stud)
HZ Statesman SL/E - 14"
VB/VC Commodore SL/E - 15"

I've also seen the wheels on the Chevrolet Marajo and Chevette (both Brazilian T-Cars). GM certainly got their money's worth out of that design.

The Torana GTR-X in the Birdwood Mill National Motor Museum (the sports car Holden should have built, but didn't) has got a set of UC rims on it. But you'd know that if you read my page on Prototypes on my site.
Richo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Camira Wheels Reply with quote

i've got a TE SL/X with stock rims...what are anybody's thoughts on them? i don't know whether to try and fix em up or look for something else?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: