HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Engine Trouble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:51 pm    Post subject: Engine Trouble Reply with quote

I have recently bought a TG Gem and this morn i went to start her and it just wouldn't start...engine is turning over, battery is fine but it just wont fire! Any ideas of what to check for??

ANY COMMENTS APPRECIATED!
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Trouble Reply with quote

Do you have any aftermarket guages? The only experience I have ever had with this problem is when my tachometer was shorting out the ignition, after I disconnected the tacho the problem went away. Also check that all of the spark plug leads are on their correct points.

Sam
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Trouble Reply with quote

Damn i do have an aftermarket tacho and yesterday i was playing with the wiring to install a new head unit...however if this is shorting the ignition wouldn't there only be a click when i try start the car...the engine wouldn't turn over like it is??????
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Trouble Reply with quote

dude, easieast way 2 trace mechanical problems is start with the 4 basics that make an engine go. 1. fuel, 2.Air, 3. Compression, 4. Ignition/Spark...
Take one out of the equation & it simply wont work - well not for more than a couple of seconds anyways.
So yeah, retrace all these & you should come up with your problem. If not, your gonna have to get a professional to check it out - then give the bitch a burn-out to teach it a lesson... heh heh heh.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Trouble Reply with quote

Nope! If you've grounded the tacho wire, it's not going to stop the starter from turning over. Start with this, Check if you've got spark at the plugs. If so, there's nothing wrong with your wiring.
THRLLR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Trouble Reply with quote

Mate i bought a TC gemini and have the same problem
I turn the ignition, the starter motor is going but the engine doesn't turn. And the
if you hold the key in the 'turn the fucker over' position you might be lucky enough to get the engine to almost turn right?? Well anyway the problem lies in the carbie. Your problem sounds like mine. The choke is fucked and as such won't start your car, and two if you feel like when you hit the accelerator that the car almost stalls then your carbie itself is fucked too like mine is. but after its warm its fine. What you need is to get your carbie recoed.
$250 here in melbourne from ACE carburettors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: