HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Instrument cluster swap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
engagegra
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 4:05 am    Post subject: Instrument cluster swap Reply with quote

Just wondering if a TE cluster (with 2 circles) will connect to the wiring of a TD cluster (with 3 circles) Or do the multipin conectors have to be changed.

Thanks
Gra.
Blameme
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Instrument cluster swap Reply with quote

Well im not shore but as far as I know that the wiring should be the same.
I the TE cluster has a Taco and the TD cluster dose not u could swap the tacos over 1 to the other.BUT
If it is just that u want the TE cluster in ya TD insted of the TD 1 i want 2 know why? as i think the TD cluster are the best. Any way what u do is your thing but all u can do is try it out
C ya
Blameme RACING
engagegra
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Instrument cluster swap Reply with quote

No I dont really want to swap them and no there is'nt a tacho in the TE cluster. Its just that the TE one's I've seen on the back have printing on the circuit board for a tacho and where the wires go. On the back of the TD cluster there's nothing. So is there any extra wiring to do putting a tacho in a TD cluster or does it wire up to where the clock was.
Gra.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Instrument cluster swap Reply with quote

I have done this conversion, and no the plugs arent the same. All the wiring had to be rearranged, and it took the better part of 6 hours or so. I did it because i feel the TE dash looks better.

Yes the TE has tacho stuff printed on the circuit board becasue the TE's had a factory option of a tacho, but you probably will never find one. If you did, you just have to make sure that the wire in the loom is connected to the negative side of the ciol. If not, you can just run a wire direct from the coil to the tacho just as if you were connecting any old tacho.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: