HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Oil pumps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:36 am    Post subject: Oil pumps Reply with quote

Can someone give me a part number and a place to get an oil pump. Most places say you can only get genuine ones or they dont have a listing for them. What is one worth? I got quoted $172 Trade which seems a bit high as I remember people saying they were about the $100 mark.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Oil pumps Reply with quote

loz try super auto cheap or autobahn i think i paid 68 dollars for it i know american auto parts ( try homebush for them) have them too
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil pumps Reply with quote

That's autObarn, no "H".
If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll get you a part number, back at work tomorrow.

Yonnee.
(dedicated autObarn employee)
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil pumps Reply with quote

cheers fellas
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil pumps Reply with quote

Asked super sheap and they reckon they dont stock them at all. I got quoted $135 from autopro today.
Howz the autobarn price and part number coming along racegem?
cheers, Loz
Keith
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Oil pumps Reply with quote

Try Darcy at Gemini Wreckers he sells brand new oil pumps for -
$80 to suit 16 & 1800's
$95 to suit 2ltr

You can contact him on 02 4577 4620
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Here I am....Oil pumps Reply with quote

My retail price on brand spankers oil pumps for 1600 & 1800's is $128.95
Ask for part no. EM506. It's an industry standard part no.

As for genuine, still available, "And could be YOURS for the bargain, never to be repeated, price of $226 + GST!!!"

And ask the wreckers if they have a warranty on those cheapies. I'm not in the business of knocking my competitors, the wreckers might have good ones and they're not making much money on them. It's a good price, but the oil pump is like the ticker behind your left breast-plate. Get a dodgy one, you wont last long!

Regards,
Yonnee.
Keith
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Here I am....Oil pumps Reply with quote

The pumps he has for sale are brand new and not second hand. While he may be wrecking gemini's he also sells new spares. And yes the pumps he has for sale are the same one's your trying to sell.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil pump sales pitch??? Reply with quote

Not trying to sell you one old chap, just passing on the information and hopefully helpful advice.
The price I stated is not a rip-off, try ringing Repco and get a price. I just did it then and got quoted $225.00 for a non genuine. If you can get one at a good price with a warranty, by all means get it. And if the guy always does the right thing by you, keep going back and tell all your mates. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising a small business can get.
If you don't already know, your oil pump drives your dissy and the dissy only goes in one way, so installing the oil pump is fairly critical.
Good Luck.

Yonnee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: