HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Anyone drive at Winton?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject: Anyone drive at Winton? Reply with quote

Does anyone in here attend meetings, or know if there are race meetings held at Winton Raceway near Benalla?

Is anything held at Calder Raceway, except drags? Considering I am barely 1.5 hours away from Calder this would be ideal.

I am interested in circuit racing but the only events I hear of are Mallala, courtesy of Dave. Mallala, or SA for that matter is a hell of a long way away from central VIC.

Cheers
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone drive at Winton? Reply with quote

Of course there are races at winton and calder.. the best person to talk to would be Racegem as he is in Vic as well .. Michael
gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone drive at Winton? Reply with quote

Yes you can race at both race tracks.You will need to join a car club and get a basic cams licence.Sprint meetings cost between $60-$90 . We need more gemini's on the race track.If you need more info e-mail me at gem@alphalink.com.au
or check out my web site www.alphalink.com.au/~gem
I have been racing gemini's for over 9 years.
P.S racegem-which club do you belong to?
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone drive at Winton? Reply with quote

I'm a member of C.R.B.C.C. (Country Roads Board Car Club) The C.R.B. was the old name for Vicroads and the club was started by "revhead" Vicroads employees. We're about to have our 20th birthday so that makes us one of the oldest clubs in Vic. We're a small and informal club of about 30-40 members and cater for any type of car. I just finished building a race car trailer for my mate with a stock, road reg'd, Mazda 1300. There are also a few Geminis in both stock and modified classes. We're part of a group of clubs, numbering 7, called 'Group 5', which involves each club taking turns at organising and running events. These events range from Sprints to Motorkanas to Hill Climbs to Rallys. You can participate in any one or all of them as your heart, and budget, desires. There's different classes from stock, under 1600cc right the way throught to over 3000cc Race class. We race the Sprints at The Island, Sandown, Winton and Calder, which also has a Night Sprint round.
Also used to hire out Winton when I was a member of the South Eastern Gemini Car Club years ago. The best fun!!
Any more info you'd like, either post me or e-mail me (click on "Racegem").

Yonnee.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone drive at Winton? Reply with quote

Hey Ben,

I raced at Winton two weeks ago, a buch of about 20 of us booked it for the day, it was awesome fun, the first time I had done proper continuous laps on a large circuit.

Its a great track, long straits, but make sure you prepare your car well, in the area of cooling system, brakes, and suspension.

I think you can go to winton for the day, it costs around $90. Calder park is about to close its track I heard, I dont know about the straight (drag strip). I will be going there to race end of May.

If you are in Bendigo, then Benalla is only about an hour away isn't it?

Cheers!
Ben Wight
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone drive at Winton? Reply with quote

Hey Ben,

Next time you are having a day at winton, I would love to come and have a few lap's, if possible,

Cheers

Eggy
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone drive at Winton? Reply with quote

Count me in for that as well!

Bendigo is still a few hours away from Benalla, but a bit closer than Ballarat. If we come to an even some time, u should call through Bendigo and we can all head there.

What u doing this weekend coming Ben? Interested in coming down to the cruise in Melbourne?

Cheers
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone drive at Winton? Reply with quote

I'll let you boys know when the next meet is on at Winton.

Cheers for the invite Ben, but my car is off the road for a little while while I do a series of mods. I will be very willing to go for a melb cruise real soon though to stirr up some trouble.

later boys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: