HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

CDT & cams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 8:27 pm    Post subject: CDT & cams Reply with quote

i was just wondering if anyone knew if the series 1 CDT geminis had any form of non-standard cam. I presume they had extractors, but wot about other engine modifications were done???

-Woz
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: CDT & cams Reply with quote

as far as i know they were fully balanced, head shaved, bigger cam and had twin down'y webers.
smee
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: CDT & cams Reply with quote

I bought an S2 motor from CDT in 1985 I think it was. Also bought the extractors and the standard match ported inlet manifold. It was enlarged to within an inch of it's life. Gees did that thing go. Wheel spin in 3rd was not uncommon.
Peter Orger Motors in Melbourne did all the engine work on them. They may still have the specs on what they did, or what went into them.
Just wish I could find the car I put it into again.
1982 TG SL sedan bought new. Blue velour interior, 4 wheel discs, Piazza rear end, 4 speed and it had a sunroof with 13" dragways. S2 sticker on the right rear of the bootlid.
smee
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: CDT & cams Reply with quote

I bought an S2 motor from CDT in 1985 I think it was. I had the Balanced, blue printed G180 overbored somewhat with the competition big valve head. Also bought the extractors and the standard match ported inlet manifold. It was enlarged to within an inch of it's life. Could not afford the twin webbers at that stage. Gees did that thing go. Wheel spin in 3rd was not uncommon.
Peter Orger Motors in Melbourne did all the engine work on them. I had to contact them about an inlet manifold failure, which they fixed. They may still have the specs on what they did, or what went into them.
Just wish I could find the car I put it into again.
1982 TG SL sedan which I bought new. Blue velour interior, 4 wheel discs, Piazza rear end, 4 speed and it had a sunroof as well as 13" dragways.
S2 sticker was on the right rear of the bootlid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: