HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

BODY KITS/MODS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rail
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: BODY KITS/MODS Reply with quote

can anybody help me please? i have a tx which is in very good condition, but i was wondering if anybody could point me to a place in VIC where i can have some body mods/kit thrown on/done? any help would be appreciated.
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: BODY KITS/MODS Reply with quote

DON'T DO IT!!!!

Bodykits look quite stupid on gemini's. Especially on a perfectly good TX! (best looking model)

It will spoil the look, not improve it.
cambee
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: BODY KITS/MODS Reply with quote

I agree, but i know of a place in the ACT, very good to deal with...
www.canberracarstyling.com.au and there are pics.

cambee
Rail
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: BODY KITS/MODS Reply with quote

thanks for the advice, but what can i do instead to improve the overall look of it rather than a kit? you seem to know more than me so any help would be great thanks. it is currently in the original yellow, if that helps at all, but i dont mind respraying.
LoneWolf_
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: BODY KITS/MODS Reply with quote

Respray it mate, don't go whacking stoopid looking flares and spoilers on it. I own a TX myself, and wouldn't stuff up that stylish look with stuff reserved for "rice" (jap cars with fluo's all over them and other assorted shite) Smile

Respray it a nice, un-common colour and maybe get some graphics of some description.
Rail
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: BODY KITS/MODS Reply with quote

yes, i have already got some designs for graphics, i just felt i needed more, i need a project for the body until i get off my p's, cause i cant tweak the engine till then. but thanks all for helping me see the errors of my ways.
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: BODY KITS/MODS Reply with quote

Ahhh, tweak the engine anyways. With a TX you can get away with lots because of the lack of pollution gear and such.

I like the look of the front air dam on Karen's TD in the galleries:
http://hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sv&vid=245

I didn't do anything like that to my TX, but I should have. That's about as far as an early body shape can be taken, unless you're going for humungous wheels and you want to go the European Opel Kadett Group C racing look. That would be mean Wink
Rail
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: BODY KITS/MODS Reply with quote

yeah benjamin, i like it too. here's the deal. im a country kid, so i have no idea where i can get anything at all done to my car, engine or body wise, the only connection i have in the city is an upholsteror. so if you have any more ideas or places i can contact, that would be great.
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: BODY KITS/MODS Reply with quote

Mate, if you like the look of body kits then go for it. If all Gemini's looked the same then life would be pretty boring if you asked me. If done correctly, Gemini's can look really tough with body kits. Look at the SL/R Torana for example. Exactly the same sort of thing, and they look TOUGH!!! (Sorry, I'm a bit of a Torana fan too!)
Rail
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: BODY KITS/MODS Reply with quote

thanks for your advice, i appreciate it all, i simply want a unique gem. but you all are giving me everything except places that i can contact to get things done, both body and engine wise.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: BODY KITS/MODS Reply with quote

Doesn't help when you don't put something in the location of your profile. No point suggesting somewhere in Bairnsdale if you're in Mildura. Surprised) lol

On a lighter note...It's your car and ultimately you've got to live with how it looks.

Hope we can help,

Yonnee.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 12:24 am    Post subject: autObarn BODY KITS/MODS Reply with quote

What - autObarn don't do body kits? and you don't have part numbers for side skirts for this guy?? Or are they coming 2morow??? C'mon Yonnee your slippin m8.....your pay packet will suffer this week ha ha ha ha
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: BODY KITS/MODS Reply with quote

If I lived in Victoria I'd be able to help you out!
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: BODY KITS/MODS Reply with quote

what body kit do you have? are you selling it?
Rail
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: BODY KITS/MODS Reply with quote

good call. i am in Emerald. i will travel as far as needs be within VIC to achieve results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: