HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

what a load of ....2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: what a load of ....2 Reply with quote

hey, i know its not a gemmy, but a mate has a rx-4 coupe with a 289 ford v8 in it,{crazy...why dont he have a 12a..ect}but does anyone have a gem to beat it?
could be fun...
rob.
mana
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: what a load of ....2 Reply with quote

might possibly know of two - but what state u in?
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: what a load of ....2 Reply with quote

vic, near melb...you?
mana
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: what a load of ....2 Reply with quote

outter east subs - lilydale near ringwood
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: what a load of ....2 Reply with quote

western, melton. the rx-4 is in clunes, getting an 11 month long respray. pretty slack, but it is gonna be a show-er too. how bout the 289 killers...where are they?
mana
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: what a load of ....2 Reply with quote

mates got a rx4 with 289 aswell , secret magna will eat rx, and tx 2lt worked off its head= rx with 289 will only put out about 90kw at the wheels.
scotts rx is getting 302 upgrade!
melton ? my girl friend comes from melton: last name is clare
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: what a load of ....2 Reply with quote

hey,i dont know her, but maybe we could get a race goin or somethin..i want a gemmy to beat his non-rotary piece-o-shite..lol!!
mana
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: what a load of ....2 Reply with quote

done will b in touch
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: what a load of ....2 Reply with quote

There's an RX-4 coupe' that belongs to a mate of mine here on the Gold Coast with a 302 in it, it has 284BHP but has 847NM of gut and tailshaft twisting torque. His plates are IMNUTS. And he's going in the burnout comp this weekend at Parklands showgrounds if anyone wants to have a squizz - he built it specifically for burnouts but is also street registered.
Anyone else here going in the burnout comp this weekend ?? See ya there !!
Jasyn...
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: what a load of ....2 Reply with quote

Hey can I join,
Gem 1.6+ LPG Turbo 5 speed 210rwHP??

Going to Bacchus Marsh on Saturday avo?

Cheers
Eggy
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: what a load of ....2 Reply with quote

yeah, you can join in, when it happens. the more the merrier.
where on sat, what time.....if i get me piece-o-shite back from assholes,inc.
i wanna know bout yer gas turbo setup.everything, price, parts needed,everything.e-mail me.rob_withy@hotmail.thanx.

rob.
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: what a load of ....2 Reply with quote

There were 2 neat pieces of kit around Bendigo:

70s LT Celica (Mustang shape) with 327 Chev, which would literally crab walk down a straight stretch under power. It is a scary ride...

Later model Celica 80s angular shape with a 4.0L Lexus quad cam V8. An absolute marvel of engineering and perfect in every way. It doesn't get out much Sad

I have seen an RX-4 with a supercharged 302 all under bonnet. The supercharger was a B&M Low-Blow, which sat between the V.

You don't see many silly swaps into Geminis really, apart from the occasional V6, or Progem.

I'd still like to put a Dodge Viper V10 into an R/T Charger, hehe
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Benjamin....what a load of ....2 Reply with quote

Hey Ben, grab a copy of the current issue (March 02) of Street Machine, and turn to page 60. Don't know if it's registered though. There's another Gemini here in Cranbourne also with a 308 in it...it IS registered! Heard of another being built locally with a 253. Saw one at All Holden Day 2001, also with an aussie bent eight.
But that's just silly! lol

Yonnee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: