HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Lancer wheels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatesy
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 12:45 am    Post subject: Lancer wheels Reply with quote

Does anyone know whether the wheels (stock 14 inch) off a new (2001) lancer will fit on a TE onwards gem?
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Lancer wheels Reply with quote

yes they will (100mm pcd) I have 16 by 7 alloys with 205/45's off a lancer on my coupe and they don't scrub.
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Lancer wheels Reply with quote

Nice Smile

I've been thinking what kinda wheels to put on my Gemi, and I know I want 7" wide wheels, but I'm not too fussed about appearance.

I do want them to be tough (not necessarily look tough).

Haven't really thought about the diametre though, but 17's look too big for my taste. Would 15's be too small? Probly want to run a 50's or less profile.

Oh yeah, they have to be cheap Smile Or a popular wheel (so maybe a trip to the wreckers can turn something up).

Thanks Smile
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Lancer wheels Reply with quote

hamal, i got my set of wheels from the wreckers for $120, and are 15"x6.5" off a lancer too. shop around the wreckers mate. these one's just needed a balance, and a bit of hammer work to know out the dings...dodge but they do the job. running 50 series tyres won't through out your speedo too much/at all either.
my wheels are at: www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sv&vid=250
thanks, greg.
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Lancer wheels Reply with quote

Hey they look pretty sweet Smile Will have to keep my eyes open for some... although I'll still be looking around for 7" wheels Smile

BTW. I like ya Gemmi, hope mine ends up looking at least half as good Smile
gatesy
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Lancer wheels Reply with quote

Yeah, but what about the offset? Do I need spacers or not?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: