HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

F@#$in shit car

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 11:45 pm    Post subject: F@#$in shit car Reply with quote

HEllo all,
just like to tell you all my fuked up story. I currently drive a te slx gem, however my other car is a hj prem. I am currently selling it, and after 3 sales falling through i took it to a car yard for them to sell it on consinement.

Basically they get $500 if they sell it. Well after three months they havent(they are charging $1500 more then i said, obviously they think i dont read the autotrader). So i went to pick it up (When i dropped it off it was driving 100% perfect, it had a service, new oil/filter/plugs/points etc etc.) .

It drove ok at first then i noticed a poppin sound. this then essculated into violent poppin, spluttering and back firing and i couldnt drive above 40kays. i pulled over and it wasnt starting or konking out every 5 secs. So i rang my dad and he towed me home.

Well ive checked everything (pionts, plugs, leads carby etc) and i cant find a thing. My only idea could be water in the tank???

Anybody have any ideas? no wonder they couldnt F@#$IN sell it.

ps. this car was meant to be my finance for my next car a te or td wagon with either a DOHC or a worked efi SOHC.
ms_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: F@#$in shit car Reply with quote

mate i would be sueing the car yard for any repairs that have to be done...cause after all you trusted the car to them...did you check the coil?if its not that ide say its water in the tank as well...
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: F@#$in shit car Reply with quote

yep checked that. Might put some metho in the tank to see if it is water
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: F@#$in shit car Reply with quote

Get a separate tank with clean fuel and try that first... I'd say it might be dirty points or if the problem got worse as you were driving maybe someone forgot to tighten the bolt that adjusts your timing on the bottom of the dizzy???

Josh (WA)
RJM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: F@#$in shit car Reply with quote

Yeah, Check the timing the dizzy may not have been tight and so slipped out of place. Either that or the fuel pump is cactus.
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: F@#$in shit car Reply with quote

If you are 100% sure the ignition system components are good, that only leaves tining, or quality of the fuel being delivered.

And I hate to say it, but only tyre kickers deal with car yards. You will never lose as much through a personal sale, as you will using a car yard. A car yard/auction house should only be a desperate do or die last resort. Not dissin ya, just advice to save you money.

Alan
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: F@#$in shit car Reply with quote

yep i checked dizzy, everything. Must be fuel. Got a mechanic mate coming round on the weekend so hopefully i will be fixed. The caryard was the last resort. Ive just moved houses and i now have to travel a lot further to work so i was trying to sell it before i moved to by a 4cyl. But i dint so i bought a $500 gemini and hads no trouble with it. So the money from this car is going into my gem project.
anyway thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: