HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Solex Locks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CopBait
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 10:57 pm    Post subject: Solex Locks? Reply with quote

Hey i was just wondering if anyone has fitted Solex locks to their gemmi? i wanna no how hard they r to put in coz im puttin them in my car in a week or 2 coz my car is finally getting registered in June and considering i can open the door and boot with my house key then anyone can, and i dont really want my $2000 worth of audio gear and autometer instrumentation going walkies on me, so if anyone can help i would appreciate it. cya
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Not hard... Reply with quote

They're not a difficult thing to fit, just fiddly. Take your time, be patient, and read the instructions.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Solex Locks? Reply with quote

yeah same, i can open my TE with a fuckin paddle pop stick.
One stick fits all......lol
seriously tho, can you tell me a bit about these locks, how much. And what are other alternative locks. Im looking at locks for front doors and boot for under 80 bucks...is that possible?
cheers.....see ya sideways
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: Solex Locks? Reply with quote

Invest in an alarm and you wont even have to lock your car =D
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Solex Locks? Reply with quote

i think an imobiliser is a beter option than an alarm
but if you have the money get both
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Solex Locks? Reply with quote

yeah im sure a fuckin beeping sound is gonna stop someone from kleening the inside of ya car out! i have a $670 alarm and imobelizer top of the range iand i have figuered out how to breke into my car ( which has solex locks) stop the alarm basicly straight away and dissable the imobeliser. if they are pros there gonna stell ya car even if u chain it to the car park.
gene
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Solex Locks? Reply with quote

Yeah true, I have all da alarm immobilizer steering wheel lock, everything i can possibly think about, and some lil cunt comes and smashes the window, wipes me clean in less then 5 seconds, Rite in Front of my own HOUSE, BASTARDS i telll ya

oh well, my baby lives in da garage now hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: