HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fuel Pump and Stereo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 8:37 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pump and Stereo Reply with quote

G'day,
When my car is turned on, the rear speakers (hooked up to an amp in the boot) make a humming/whining noise. At first I thought this was probably alternator whine, coil noise, or something similar, but I actually worked out it's something to do with my fuel pump. When the pump is unplugged (but the ignition still 'on') it instantly stops making noise.

I believe to fix this I would have to put some sort of capacitor or something on the pump. Is it meant to have one standard? What sort of capacitor, rating stuff like that? Anyone have any idea at all?

Regards,
Robbo
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump and Stereo Reply with quote

had the same problem it can be a number of things. your earth shouldnt be anywere near an earth of anything eles (ie the fuel pump) or your rcas are runing past the fule pump gets the noice thought the leads.
gene
it was the earth in my car fixed easy just move it some where eles
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump and Stereo Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I have a similar problem with a hissing sound in my rear speakers. My amp that runs the rear speakres is a 4 channel. The front speakers dont make any hissing sound but the rear ones do. The wireing for the rear speakers is behind the piece of wood that covers up the fuel tank. The amps are mounted on the pece of wood that covers up the fuel tank and the amp is grounded to the small metal pieces that you bolt the piece of wood to that hides the fuel tank. Could it be the fuel pump that is making the hissing sound? Also it dosnt matter how loud or quiet the stereo volume is the hissing sound is the same level of loudness. The funny thing is tho why isnt the front speakers making the hissing sound?

Sorry for the rather long post

Thanks in advance!

Simon
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump and Stereo Reply with quote

u can buy a noise filter from most car audio stockist for about $25 i think, i heard that fixes the prob u have
SLeeKGreeK
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump and Stereo Reply with quote

my brother had the same problem as he has a god of a stereo its usally inserfitaint earth get a thick steal cable and run it to a polished bit of your chasis and from the battery run another to the chasis fixed his and u dont have to pay jack all luck with the buzzing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: