HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

should i buy one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldasice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: should i buy one? Reply with quote

hey i am new to this web site... i am looking for a first car and me older brother and my dad are insisting that i get a gemini.. so i guess i was hoping to get some opinion on that and any ideas on what model... etc... to look into buying i am looking at paying anything upto $12oo and looking to by in the southern suburbs of adelaide in south australia.... so anyone here can help it be great and also anyone know of anyone selling theres. .can you please let me know...and i guess i am asking... is it worth getting a gemini or is there other selections and suggestions for a first time car buyer... i am looking for a manual...

cheers...
any advice will help...
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: should i buy one? Reply with quote

my first peice of advice is to put your post in the right forum, this does help!!!! Gemini's are great first carz, i don't know y your askin us cause ovcourse were gonna say there the best, were GEMINI LOVAS.!!!! There good first cars don't go for an RB go 4 a TG, or TF manuel u could get 1 wid not much rust 4 around $1200, i picked 1 up 2 months ago 4 350 at murray bridge and that don't have much rust on it but it needs a respray, only 12,000kms on the clock, i was lookin 4 a few months , u gotta be patient. check da trader, ask around at wreckers sum times they sell whole cars that r 2 good to wreck. were boughts in adeliade r u? i'm at Goolwa TGfanatic@hotmail.com is my email if ya need any help.

Chris...
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: should i buy one? Reply with quote

12,000kms on the clock!!!!! WHAT THE
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:29 am    Post subject: i have one. Reply with quote

im in the southern suburbs of adealide.
i gotta 82 TF sedan for sale, 5 speed manual, blue.
camira rims with near new tyres, sunroof, tinted windows, 32/36 webber, exhaust. im even leaving me tacho in there, i have no need for it now, 3 3/4" shift light tacho.
anyway, genuine reason for sale... didnt really wanna disturb the guys in here, so i wont say what i got now! hehehe.
im askin $1600, but open to offers, if you wanna see a couple of pics go to -
http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sv&vid=207

if your interested email me (matt_bywaters@iprimus.com.au)or post a reply here, and i'll get back to you with a contact number or arrange something....

cheers,
Matt
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: should i buy one? Reply with quote

my boss's mother has one with just over 8,000Km on the clock
i thought that was pretty amazing, it still has factory tyres on it, very cracked and unroadworthy, but factory none the less, its auto and has plastic nudge bars on the front and rear to avoid damage in carparks...
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: should i buy one? Reply with quote

yes i had a gem for my 1'2'3'4'cars and i still have my second one awaiting a full rebuild
they are the best first cars
cheers nik
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: i have one. Reply with quote

thats a good price man!!!!!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: should i buy one? Reply with quote

Get a gemini is my advice 2 u, I just bought a tg for my first car about 2 months ago and Im heaps happy with it. u can get them looking half decent for fairly cheap and it seems every p plater owns one.
What suburb do ya live in? im down south 2

Json
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: should i buy one? Reply with quote

why not buy an rb?dont listen to the expert,theyre f**ken good cars!
coldasice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: i have one. Reply with quote

hey it has been a while but u still got the gem for sale i dont care what it looks like ill offer you 11oo straight off
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: