HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

RB's are not geminis...why?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: RB's are not geminis...why? Reply with quote

ok so apparently im the only person on this forum who drives an rb-saying that,can someone please tell me why they are shit without a)swearing (not that i give give a fuck about swearing, its just that all you hear is 'rb's are fuckin' shit!'), or b)making the assumption that they ARE shit without actually driving one. Fair enough theyre FWD but get over it,you just have to lower the fucking thing to get it sideways & my stock RB could beat my mate's stock TG so theyre not shit performance wise (actually they are shit performance wise but not compared to the earlier model gems with bigger engine capacities.anyone put me out of my misery?cheers it up,86S/LE
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's are not geminis...why? Reply with quote

Its just a symptom of the number of 'experts' on forums. Only You have to love the car you drive. Hell the number of people that love fugly Austins from the 50's and 60's is testament to that!
Having said that, they were the lowest selling Gemini of all I believe and 14M Australians can't be wrong! Personally, if I had to chose between the cute RB and a bitsamissing Colt or generic Laser, i know what I'd take.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's are not geminis...why? Reply with quote

Furthermore, I think you have the opportunity to be a trendsetter. After all, who would have thought that jeans with 1inch zippers and girls with their arse crack hanging out would be popular...
EVLJT
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's are not geminis...why? Reply with quote

I have nothing bad to say say about them, all gemini's waer the same badge. I own a 91 JT Gemini which I believe is a copy of the RB but with a rounded shape. One of my friends also who a few JT's and he also has an RB Turbo. If you are a gemini fan, then you have to love the whole family. If you havn't seen a JT my car is in the modified section.
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's are not geminis...why? Reply with quote

Isnt an RB a rebadged Toyota Corolla from the same era?
Or is it the other way around?
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's are not geminis...why? Reply with quote

mate there where only bout 12000 of them here in the first place!
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's are not geminis...why? Reply with quote

good call mate-its easy enough to make your car look different if there arent many others around,right?i gotta say, i think since they're becoming heaps cheap (!) now so youll probably get more people interested in them-trust me, hteyre not that bad!
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's are not geminis...why? Reply with quote

hey there evljt, whats the story with the turbo RB?can you hit me with some info?my family are all into old holdens so your fam sound pretty classy!
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's are not geminis...why? Reply with quote

im not an expert so im not 100% sure, but arent they two different shapes/engines/interiors etc?my mate has an '86 rolla and theres a teeny little bit of resemblance but not much
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's are not geminis...why? Reply with quote

i thought of another reason why RB's arent too shit-both the fuel tank and the spare are under the boot floor so not too many worries regarding stereo etc.i know i already gave my two bucks' worth, so whats an extra five cents
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's are not geminis...why? Reply with quote

tell me the difference between a commonwhore vn and a toyota lexen????????????

i just hate em because they look fucken ugly. i dont mind JT's because there shape is ok
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's are not geminis...why? - FWD hahah Reply with quote

hahaha, FWD, that's y it's shit.

if that rb actually had some power under the hood, and was half descent, u would be doin burnouts in 2nd off the line.

my mate had a v6 alfa fwd, had traction control, but as with alfa's, everythin always fucks up, fuckin clutch fuked up on us one nite, over a grand 2 to get it done cos the alfa had some gay sub-frame u can't take apart with normal tools. anyway, back to my point, that car, has so much fuckin power, it's just spoiled cos it's fwd. one nite we were fuckin round, we dragged some kunts, and cos it was wet, the damn car could barely get going. like when u wack it from the end of 2nd gear (bout 110) in2 3rd, the gay ass piece of shit just does a burnout on ya.

that's y a rb is gay.!!!

FWD MATE@!!!
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: RB's are not geminis...why? Reply with quote

Yeah they're completely different, Isuzu designed the Gemini and Toyota designed the corolla.
They just share the same 80s boxy type shape, and like falcons and commodores have always looked the same until recently.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's are not geminis...why? - FWD hahah Reply with quote

so youre saying its bad BECAUSE it spins the wheels going into 3rd????suspension tuning!
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: RB's are not geminis...why? Reply with quote

The RB turbo was an Imscher model that had a turbo 4xc1 (i think) but still only FWD. Also had different interior with recaro seats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: