HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

damage caused by dirty fuel filter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fright
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: damage caused by dirty fuel filter Reply with quote

Searching through the archives (how much cool info is in there now?!) I found a solution to my TE shuddering/hesitating/begging for more juice under load at high revs. I replaced the fuel filter and all is well again.

My question is, what kind of damage might have been done to the carby/engine in the few weeks this problem was occuring?

Thanks if anyone can advise.

FRiGHT
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: damage caused by dirty fuel filter Reply with quote

nothing, check ya timing maybe?
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: damage caused by dirty fuel filter Reply with quote

Yeah good answer... what does that have to do with it?

New filter solved the problem, good. No damage will have been done but the jets may have been copping a bit of dirt. Maybe to be sure you can pull the float cover off and make sure there isn't any gunk in the bowl.

Sounds like the filter was doing its job though, just too blocked to allow enough fuel flow at higher loads.

Cheers Smile
fright
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: damage caused by dirty fuel filter Reply with quote

ta, everything seems fine and cleanish! Smile

FRiGHT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: