HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

hey help me please!!!my gem is fucked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 12:27 am    Post subject: hey help me please!!!my gem is fucked Reply with quote

as the title states, my gem is fucked, the battery goes flat and now when i try to start it the master warning stays on and i have to rev it to keep it going, what alternators fit tg gems, should i just get it upgraded?????? HELP!?!?!?!?!
thanks
adrian
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: hey help me please!!!my gem is fucked Reply with quote

Probably your alternator brushes are worn if the charge light stays on.
Unlike a starter motor, an alternator is worth reconditioning if you intend to keep the car for a while.
IF you dont want to spend the bucks, take it apart , and locate the brushes. If they are worn down , its easy to get replacements for less than $10 ,and put em in.
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:12 am    Post subject: also Reply with quote

if you chosse to use another alternator off a Gem, they will all fit, except the earlier models use 12 mm mounting bolts on the bracket, whereas the later ones use 14 mm, so you need to enlarge, or sleeve the mounting holes.
little red wagon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: hey help me please!!!my gem is fucked Reply with quote

the same thing happened to me bout 2/3weeks ago its what alan said the brushs are had it. Y do you want to upgrade do you have a phat stereo or some thing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: