HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WANTED- shocks :(

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:50 pm    Post subject: WANTED- shocks :( Reply with quote

Didnt want to have to buy these second hand an it shits me but i have to get the rego ball rolling. Has anyone got a GOOD set of monroe gas they would sell me, i will be buying new after but i really need to get the gem regod asap.
cheers can reach me at chariot@locall.aunz.com
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED- shocks :( Reply with quote

i got some in my coupe at them moment that im replacing with adjustables. i dunno what condition there in as iv never driven the car. they look alright to me. dunno what there worth. what u willing to pay?
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED- shocks :( Reply with quote

What are they? Depending what they are and what condition they are in... how does 100 sound? Are they out of the car?
im interested
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED- shocks :( Reply with quote

there in the car, there munro GT gas. i will take em out. when will u be in mt gravt next??
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED- shocks :( Reply with quote

Im not sure. I mightnt be able to make it this monday as i am in the middle of an assesment period, cant afford to miss a day. So take them out and have a look what condition they are in and let me no honestly how they are. we can work something out form there. i would pay 100 but cheaper would be even better.
cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED- shocks :( Reply with quote

dunno what there like i just saw them inthere today when i was cuting rust. didnt know they were in there. dont have to be this monday.... when ever is good for me. weekends are even beter cos i work and study.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED- shocks :( Reply with quote

use email
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: WANTED- shocks :( Reply with quote

u want front or rear? i have plenty of rears but no fronts.
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:45 am    Post subject: CHEAP NEW SHOCKS Reply with quote

go for gabriel red ryders......about $35 each from supercheap.
thought they were gonna be shite, but there the best h/duty shocks for a budget.....
and you can then take your time in getting the monroe's...

rob.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: CHEAP NEW SHOCKS Reply with quote

cheers, will look into that.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: CHEAP NEW SHOCKS Reply with quote

Just rang super cheap, 33 for the rear each, and 49 for the front each. Apparently they are the same shock to use with lowered or stock heights.
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: CHEAP NEW SHOCKS Reply with quote

mine were ordered through supercheap in sunshine, can get the part numbers...i think.....shouldnt be so expensive for the front.....are you sure they're the same?
still, its better to buy new ones than to fuck about with old shit.
if you play with shit, all you get is dirty hands...
and remember, as with all things, garbage in, garbage out.
think about it.
rob.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: CHEAP NEW SHOCKS Reply with quote

I dont ususally settle for shit but im in a hurry so had comprimise. They had to order in the fronts as they didnt carry them, might see hoe much the fronts are elswhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: