HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

wagon to pano
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foramusementonly
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:02 am    Post subject: wagon to pano Reply with quote

i swear i posted this before, but i can't find it so..
is it possible to remove the windows of a wagon and replace them with panels and vice versa?

secondly, has anyone put seats into the back of a pano? if so, do you have pics of this?

-dan
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon to pano Reply with quote

not that im an expert but u can change swagon to pano duno bout putten it back but id say so and seats in the back of a pano would be like a swagon
heheh anywho cheers
NUT161
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon to pano Reply with quote

seats in the back of a pano are illegal, because if there is a crash the passsengers need somewhere to get out i.e; windows to climb out of.

danny
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon to pano Reply with quote

Well that just fucked my plans now didnt it.
foramusementonly
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon to pano Reply with quote

same here..

is that all states?

-dan
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon to pano Reply with quote

but there are sets in the back of a coupe and the windows back there dont open.
foramusementonly
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon to pano Reply with quote

from what i gathered, there needs to be glass so you can smash it, not necessarily open it

-dan
Ben J
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon to pano Reply with quote

I HAD my wagon almost converted when i sold it, i found a wrecked panelvan, So the floor was cut out-> the piece with the Cargo barrier.....

Then i sourced the side panels, and to put them in, u remove your windows, then weld 1mm sheet metal in place, then the side panels bolt straight through the steel......And use a sealant to stop water gettin in Smile

Shit, i havnt owned a gemi for like 1.5 years Smile

http://homepages.picknowl.com/duchess4/index.html goto the bottom and click MY GEMI
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon to pano Reply with quote

hmmm interesting and good info to know i plan on buyen a swagon real soon gatheren the cash i work maccas and will be my first car heheh
later peoplez
foramusementonly
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon to pano Reply with quote

this will be my first car and i'm still debating between the 2 (wagon and pano). i like the panelvan, but the wagon has 5 seats...

when i go to buy around november, i'll take either provided they're in good condition and preferably lowered, tinted windows and decent wheels

ben, that link didn't work either. maybe its just me.

also, if there's anyone from the parramatta/baulkam hills area who would be able to give me some tips/advice etc i'd really appreciate it.

-dan
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon to pano Reply with quote

didnt work for me either, and yeah i choose swagon cause easier to c out the back although pano would b better for stereo hiding but we cant have it all hey
ohh shit my names also dan hahah
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: wagon to pano Reply with quote

I originally wanted a wagon. But now i see how good the vans look, i think i want a van, but yeh i want it to be 5 seater. I'm also worried bout visability, in my wagon i can see everything, but i dunno bout a van, even though there are mirrors....u get what i mean. But yeh, r u sure that seats in the panelvan are illegal? If so that fuckin sucks.

Cheers

Neslo
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: wagon to pano Reply with quote

yep they are illegal.

and if you are caught its like if you have 8 lebs in one CRX, the car isnt rated to seat that many people so you'll get screwed.

you will actually have to get ya rego changed from 5 seater to 2 seater and prolly get it engineered to prove so.

do a search i remember someone answered this question quite well a few months back
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: wagon to pano Reply with quote

dudes dudes dudes! just sold my panno and let me tell ya, vans look shit hot! but a pain in the arse to drive due to lack of visibility and are not allowed a rear seat in a van(been defected twice for this) the law states a panelvan is a cargo carrying vehicle, maximum of 3 seats being a bench seat. i reckon buy a wagon dude, ur allowed to legally have the backside windows tinted as dark as possible, cheers and up tha gemmy!!!!!
foramusementonly
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon to pano Reply with quote

so i could tint the side back windows as black as i can get them? the legal restrictment is only on the front sides and front windscreen.. what about the back rear window?

-dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: