HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

webbers / hollys ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyr0
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: webbers / hollys ??? Reply with quote

sorry if i sound dumb but what is the difference between them i hear people talking about them all the time and i know that they are carbys but what is the difference between them.

thanks guys
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: webbers / hollys ??? Reply with quote

well i think the 180 holley is pretty much the exact as the 32/36 webber. and the holley is just a licensed version.

if im wrong, plz correct me, peoples.
pyr0
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: webbers / hollys ??? Reply with quote

kool ohhhh and whats the difference between down draught webbers and side draught webbers???

thanks
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: webbers / hollys ??? Reply with quote

you betta ask ben wight
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: webbers / hollys ??? Reply with quote

the downdrafts are a carb that suck air dpown to a cyl and a sidedraft carby sucks are straight into the port?
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: webbers / hollys ??? Reply with quote

Weber and Holley are two different manufacturers of carbys. Weber carbys are better suited to 4cyl cars as they atomise the fuel best for a 4cyl's needs. Downdraft carbys sit with their throats vertical and are best on V engines because they sit above the valley and flow down into the heads. Sidedraft carbys have their throats horizontal which is why they are good for straight engines because the air/fuel can flow straight into the side of the head and not down and around a 90degree bend in the manifold. Like exhaust systems, the straighter the flow the better.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: webbers / hollys ??? Reply with quote

DCOE and IDF/IDA webers are better than any of the holley range on any engine, it is more a matter of practicality that sees big holleys of V8s rather than any technical superiority...

I love old F1 V8s with quad downdraft webers with big polished allow trumpets with only a veil of mesh for filtration...
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: webbers / hollys ??? Reply with quote

yeah not to mention they're made in italy. The best cars, women, food and carby's.

lol
cheers
mooch
www.geocities.com/mygemi
Simmo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: webbers / hollys ??? Reply with quote

Last time i looked you were driving a Gemini, not an alfa.

i wouldn't mind a GTV mind you....

Simmo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: