HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Exhaust help ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1600TD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:43 pm    Post subject: Exhaust help ?? Reply with quote

hey i recently purchased my first gemini, a 1979 gemini wagon and i am looking to increasing power from my original 1600 engine.

i have roughly $350 to spend on an exhaust system, i was wondering if ppl could tell me a good type of system which sounds good and looks 2.i was thinking cheap extractors,2 1/4 pipe to a 3" dump ? any ideas ?

also i am in 2 minds whether to buy a 9" sports air filter... i currently have the massive air cleaner cover on but with a new filter... will changing to the sports give much boost ??

also i am after some new front seats of any model not only have to be holden seats, 2 sun visors and also does any1 have some cheap mags they wish to sell? prefer with rubber already!!!
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Exhaust help ?? Reply with quote

As far as the air filter goes when I had my standard carb I put a ramflo airfilter on, made it sound heaps tougher and gave it a bit of performance boost, it wasnt heaps but it was noticable. They cost around $40. As for exhaust I have a 2 1/4" system with one straight through muffler and no resonator at the back, it has a bit of a bite but mostly all I can hear is twin webers.
jedi1983
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Exhaust help ?? Reply with quote

cool, man i got dragway 13" by 6", say $200 with tyres.
with the exhuast talk your dad/uncle/friends and get it at trade price otherwise your ripping yourself of blind, extractors should cost between $25 and $50 bucks man.
ps im in melbourne
gemini jedi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: