HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Possilbe Overheating problem?¿?¿?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:35 am    Post subject: Possilbe Overheating problem?¿?¿? Reply with quote

Yeh me AGAIN

Well i had a drive in dezzas (my mates gemi) a few weeks back and he had to fill up his radiator will coolant every couple days and it would run fine (not overheats) but after a couple days he would have to fill it up again.

Got me to thinkin, thats not what my gemi does, my gemi heats up and stays on half for a touch longer, then gets higher and higher so could that mean i need to take the radiator apart and get some radiator guy to poke out the crap with his special tool (AGAIN, mind you) and that could possibly be it? maybe possibly. i spose if it isnt gonna cost much its worth a try.

I just think its weird that dezza has to fill his radiator up every couple of days and in the meantime its fine-doesnt go over half. stays on a quarter UNTIL 2 days later.

Unlike mine where i have to top it up a little everycouple of times it reaches 3/4 by the temp guage...
And yeh ive tried finding the natural water level but no-cant find it coz i did it and the next morn the radiator was BONE DRY.

ps, MRGEMI and Matt bywaters, umight know dezza, hes trying to sell his brown te and he might have a buyer! dez told me the buyer may be on this site but i'll have to find out more.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Possilbe Overheating problem?¿?¿? Reply with quote

Sounds like you guys both have pretty bad problems. Have you checked your water pump, water jackets in block and your head gasket? If it's getting hot like that all the time your head is probably warped by now too. Sad
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Possilbe Overheating problem?¿?¿? Reply with quote

Yeah a cooling system pressure test would be well worth it, my old TE only needed a water top up once a month, and the Turbo is about the same....

cheers
Eggy
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Possilbe Overheating problem?¿?¿? Reply with quote

I had the same prob till I put a radiator flush and radiator stop leak through it now doesnt even go near half, even on 30 degree day in traffic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: