HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

reliable 14sec

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: reliable 14sec Reply with quote

I recently blew up my 2L balanced, ported etc engine and have had to resort to a basic reco of a G161 (new bearings,rings,gaskets, timing chain etc). Driving around for a week under 80 was bloody annoying but now that I can rev to 5500 (not much guts after that) it aint much better. I want the performance of the 2L back. I have another good 2L block... absolutely bare... and excellent enlarged valves 2L head but need to be shaved cause slight corrosion. I have conrods and crank but no good pistons. I have only got prices in excess of $600 for putting it all back together and that is just parts... no labour. If anyone wants to swap these parts for a reliable setup plus money on top I got budget bout $1000 so could give u a good deal .. as subject says not after anything wild just bout 14sec.

I would really appreciate any help.. thanks
Luke

If u wanna sell me anything u can email me to luke_hen@hotmail.com
NUT161
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: reliable 14sec Reply with quote

did you use that 34 adm webber on that engine?, if so how did it go?
badboygem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: reliable 14sec Reply with quote

mate i got my g200 recod.....bored, acl pistons, rings bearings, rods tested, crank polished for 450.
Menace
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: reliable 14sec Reply with quote

where did he get that 2L from.
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: reliable 14sec Reply with quote

YAY...ACL pistons. i work there. actually the bearing and bush manurfacturing plant, but anyway.
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: reliable 14sec Reply with quote

what happened to your 2l? is it completely stuffed? head and all?
and how quick was it?
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: badboy Reply with quote

Where did u get all that done?? I would love to be given the contact details if u can my details are as above in 1st msg
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: reliable 14sec Reply with quote

Head is mint... Crow Cams performance adjustable timing cam gear chaing etc.. all great... but block is rooted... if u want to rebore it it should be ok but not sure... would sell it with the crank pistons and that for $50 if u want for project
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: