HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

what model???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: what model??? Reply with quote

i never owned a car before but really keen on having a gem as my first, I just know nothing there is to know about cars. i've seen gems around and i really like the look of them, but i would prefer, a rounded shape one, rather then a square one. could anyone, plz tell me what model i am referring to if i want a round shape one? i need to research before i buy!!! Smile
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: what model??? Reply with quote

your after a tx, tc or a td
the squrer shapes are te, tf and tg
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: what model??? Reply with quote

te-tg is the only decent gemini
just jkn
zzz
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: what model??? Reply with quote

Don't Forget the RB! I know its a FWD but its still just as much a gemini as the others!

TuFf
logem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: what model??? Reply with quote

yeah but there ugly!
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: what model??? Reply with quote

You might think they are but i think they are quite a cool car when they r in good condition. It depends on your tastes.

TuFf
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: what model??? Reply with quote

You're on the right track anyways Smile

The good things about Geminis are fuel economy, ease of maintenance, performance (after some work), handling.

TX, TC, TD are the rounded models ranging from 1975 to mid 1979. Be wary of the early import TX, as there are some difference which make things, err interesting. You can spot one by the seat bolts going through the floor, and the Isuzu-Gemini rear badge, rather than Holden-Gemini.

Of the early shape, the TD brings with it the most advances, such as Radial Tuned Suspension and 5 speed box.

The TE, TF, TG are the square ones from late 1979 to 1984.

You will soon learn about cars by playing with your Gem.
Cheers
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: what model??? Reply with quote

RB 3-door hatchback looks pretty neat.

Didn't reach our shores though, I'm afraid.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: what model??? Reply with quote

Benjamin,

Those early TX models are a bit weird, but they were still assembled at Acacia Ridge in Queensland, along with the rest of the T-series Geminis.

The only 'imported' Gemini (aside from a small number of ZZ/Rs or ZZ/Ts for racing) was the Gemini Diesel, of which the entire floorpan was imported (and they had imported rear ends, rather than the Holden-built Salisbury unit).

The RB was imported as a CKD kit from Japan and assembled at Woodville, SA.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: what model??? Reply with quote

its not worth saying there tuff. logem is obviously one of those people who dont have the foresight to see potential in a rarely modified car. he needs to see the older ones which are already done up and copy them. sad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: