HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gemini info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VHDREAMS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Gemini info Reply with quote

Hey,
Im after the following:
Production life of RB gemini: April 1985 to ???? 1988

ANY details AT ALL on the CDT S3 gemini

1.8L Isuzu Diesel 4FB1 Carb: ????
and does Compression: 21:1 sound right?(not knowing anything abt diesels and that ratio being awful high)

RB 1.5L code????
Bore: ???
Stroke: ?????
Capacity: ?????
Carb: ?????
Compression: ????
Engine Oil - Refill: ????
Manual Transmission - 5 speed:
Auto Transmission - Refill:
- Dry:

thanks

Cory
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Gemini info Reply with quote

Hey,
Im after the following:
Production life of RB gemini: April 1985 to ???? 1988
#Sorry, cant help u there...

ANY details AT ALL on the CDT S3 gemini
#"Ditto"

1.8L Isuzu Diesel 4FB1 Carb: ????
#I know nothing about the Gemini deisel, but i do know that a deisel engine doesn't normally run a carb. Deisel is normally applied via an injector pump and is introduced to the combustion process in a number of ways with various injector types.

and does Compression: 21:1 sound right?(not knowing anything abt diesels and that ratio being awful high)
#21:1 is spot on, compression is this high as deisel is ignited through heat and not via spark plugs.
More compression = more heat.
It causes the air molecules to heat up from friction. As the piston reaches near the end of its compression stroke, maximum heat is attained and deisel is injected into the port which ignites almost immediately.

RB 1.5L code????
#Is that model or engine code ??
#Models were;
#SL = 8RB69
#SL/X = 8RC69
#SL/E = 8RE69
#Engine was;
#4XC1

Bore: ???
#?????

Stroke: ?????
#?????

Capacity: ?????
#?????

Carb: ?????
#?????

Compression: ????
#LRP version = 9.6:1
#ULP version = 9.0:1

Engine Oil - Refill: ????
#?????

Manual Transmission - 5 speed:
#?????
Auto Transmission - Refill:
#?????

As a side note, power was reportedly a terrorizingly, track storming, wheel launching 52 Killowats.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Gemini info Reply with quote

rb gems were hanging round til 87 not 88. when you say engine oil refill, are you talking capacity? if so its 3.2 litres w/out filter or 2.8 litres with filter.

and as a sidenote gold tx sleeper, what did the previous geminis (you know the hi-performance granny spec, chrome hubcapped giant killers) put out in factory form? tool
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Gemini info Reply with quote

you really cant take a joke can you. Are you saying RB's arent granny cars?
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: 'goon' Reply with quote

Mate, you really are a fu%#@ng 'goon'!! It was purely a car joke. Get off your freakin' soap-box and stop being a little bitch. If i had no respect for the RB's do you think i'd actually reply and help the bloke out ??? Have i ever posted to you bitching about owning an RB ? Get a life, and a sense of humor while your at it.
And as a side note, the series of Gemini that i own had just over 10KW up on the RB - In case you were actually serious in wanting to learn some info.
As another side note, be very careful with who you call names.
Jasyn...
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 'goon' Reply with quote

how many times have rb's had shit hung on them on here? i really couldnt care a great deal about the older gems but do you see me firing cheap shots at them? get over yourself. oh, and your gem would have 12kw on my gem, thats just in case you want to learn something. i have a sense of humour, i just have no time for narrow minded people. and as a side note, dont threaten me.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini info Reply with quote

of course theyre granny cars (in stock form) all geminis are, including yours
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: 3 Words... Reply with quote

Get Over It!!!
If you remember correctly i was the person that posted the actual kilowatt ratings for all Gemini's. I didn't "fire a cheap shot at them". I made a car joke and you seem to be the only one to have taken offence to it. If i was narrow minded, then do a search and read my posts in this forum - there's a 98% chance that i'm one of the most open minded people that posts here, i actually help out anyone i can, when i can. And i don't post useless dribble like others do and like you just have.
You're making an absolute cry-baby out of yourself with your reply's to this thread. I suggest you re-read my last post word for word.
Grow up little boy and stop being such a paranoid delussional soap-box warrior.
Jasyn...
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: 3 Words... Reply with quote

8D funny shit
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 Words... Reply with quote

irony- calling me a little boy and then making spelling mistakes.

im sure that its diffucult to remember given your old age and all, but call it a hunch but im pretty sure your car was once stock.
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: 3 Words... Reply with quote

dude, u really need 2 get over it. he made a joke n u got all teary. i been readin da other posts here n no 1 got offended like u have at your posts where u was jokin around.
da sleeper dude was helpin da other dude out. u must b pretty desprate if u gotta point out spellin mistakes.
i think u got issues dude, let it go man. let it go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: