HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HELP NEEDED ASAP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: HELP NEEDED ASAP Reply with quote

ok heres the sittuation put new engine in and there is heaps of oil comen from round the airfilter and carbie ?
still runs fine no loss of power or anythen could it be like shit gasket on carbie? i dont really know thats why im asken
any sujestions welcome
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP Reply with quote

also to note i recently changed the engine and i had 79 thi is a 83 motor its a 1600 and i had to change my carbie from the old to this one we put on the old carbie so is it a possibilitie that the gaskets are shit
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP Reply with quote

it's called blow by my gold gemini has it bad
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP Reply with quote

isnt blowby caused by wearing piston rings?
Steven
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP Reply with quote

if the oil is coming from the 1/2" breather pipe connected between rocker cover and air cleaner, then you got blowby. Either rings are worn or valve stem seals are shot. Most old gems get it when revved, aqnd if its really bad you may even pop the dipstick...
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP Reply with quote

the ONLY for oil to get to the carby, is thru the rocker cover breather, start the engine with the oil filler cap off, if there a heap of air pushin out it, then cylender preassure is blowing past the rings it probly shoots a puff of smoke out the exhaust when decellerating from high revs, yes? if heaps of oil is pushin out then time for another engine swap!
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP Reply with quote

is the oil in the air cleaner???? or blown onto the outside??? and all over the carb??? if the oil is outside the carb... maybe the tappet cover gasket moved.. and is pumping oil out onto carb/maifold/aircleaner..
Its not a hard thing to overlook!
If its a new motor.. then its possible the rings were broken when assembling the motor, this is one cause of it... the other is the rings being frozen into the pistomns and not expanding as they should, causoing blow-by
even tho the motor still runs fine!
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP Reply with quote

yeah its not in the carbie its around tha airfilter housing. its not a new motor its like a diffrent motor i bought it off purplegem he says it was fine so i duno. c we put my carbie off the td 79 motor onto this 83 one like same old shitty gaskets and stuff im hoping praying that its not blow-by

ill find out sat i spose.
if worst comes to worst u know of any shops in melb that have cheap reco 1600s (got my heart set on working one to the max)
just gota get ones thats not dead Sad
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP Reply with quote

like Extra gem said, the only way oil can enter that area is by the pipe from the rocker cover, there is no way gaskets can make oil enter your air filter assembly, is the oil only there after alot of full throttle reving? if its there after normal driving you got REAL bad blow-by...
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP Reply with quote

nah only the dukles of hazard style driven. what im guna do is just drive it till it sadly dies (as normal as possible driving) then get a reco and dro-p it in sick of fucken problems want somthing that i can actually begin on
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: